Things we should not have said,

by Phizzy 10 Replies latest social humour

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Do any of you remember things you should never have said to a fellow J.W ?

Two of mine come to mind, one was when we were out in Field Circus one day and my companion was complaining of knee pain, he explained, " It has a crack in it ", I replied " That explains why my bum hurts, that's got a crack in it", the other one was when a guy showed me a Chef's knife he had bought for chopping, and I said " I always wanted a big chopper ".

You ?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I dont remember saying anything offensive to a JW.

But I still remember the offensive things I said to my non JW friends and relatives, when I was a JW. Some are:

You are worshipping the Devil

Celebrating Christmas and Birthdays are evil and Originated with Pagan cultures.

Its ok to die, or allow our chidren to die without a blood transfusion

You are all fake Christians becasue you dont do the preaching work as we do.

Truly I regret all these sayings.

But fantastically, none of them had any grudge on me and are continuing with their association with me until now. I have apologised to them and said I made a mistake by serving a cult.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

When I was 18yo we went out to dinner with the CO. It was at a Chinese buffet and I made the comment that I was going to have to be talked to about beastiality when I meant to say obesity. I caught it just after saying it and the CO said we will defiantly have to have a talk. I said I meant obesity.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Things I probably shouldn't have said to a JW:

A JW friend (mid 60's) that grew up with my older JW brother, died a couple of weeks ago. My brother commented on how many people he knows have died lately and how weird it is to be at the age where you start losing people. I said:

"Why is it weird....it's not as if anyone led us to believe that we'd never grow old in this system....oh wait...I guess they did".

My brother rolled his eyes, he's used to my negative JW comments, but I noticed he did pause and think about it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

We were at a nice waterfront restaurant with my wife's JW brother, his JW wife and her JW parents. An appetizer of various cheeses was on our table and the heavy set and annoying JW mother-in-law was sampling each kind and commenting on them. She picked up a piece of cheese, nibbled on it, sniffed it and held it up to her face and exclaimed " In the New System...I'm going to learn everything there is to know about cheese".

I replied jokingly

" And two weeks later, what are you going to do for the rest of eternity?"

Everyone chuckled uncomfortably and my wife said I shouldn't have said that.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

We were staying over at my wife's older sisters house. Her Elder husband (the last person you'd think of as being a minister let alone religious) came in all fired up from an Elders meeting with the visiting Circuit Overseer. He said excitedly that the Circuit Overseer said that Satan is really working extra hard on the young people in the circuit and the Elders really need to keep an extra eye on the teenagers.

I replied:

" Extra hard...how do you suppose the Circuit Overseer could possibly know Satan is doing and to what degree he is doing it ?"

My Bro-in-law who is a cussing, red-necked, beer drinking, narrow-minded construction worker, shouted much to the astonishment of everyone in the room:

"CAUSE' HE'S FILLED WITH JEHOVAH'S HOLY SPIRIT AND IS BEING LED BY JESUS CHRIST...THAT'S HOW !!"

The room went silent for a second then everyone, including him, burst out laughing at how ridiculous he sounded.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Married to husband #1, a sister with 5 kids noticed how much I loved the babies and little kids at the hall, she suggested that I have my own children. I told her that I was waiting till the new system to have children, because it’s too hard on a child to be raised JW.

, what with no birthdays holidays, etc. She walked away in stunned silence. Ha

• carla
    carla

I used the f word a few times when my jw first joined up and I had to meet with a jw or two. It is not a word I use often, for extreme emergencies! I feel kinda bad about it because the one jw had no clue I was so against them in the first place. The elder I used it on? pfft, no guilt there! he was a pompous ass. Oddly, I just found out he has apparently disappeared from jw land or maybe to some other cong? I hope he has left all together and my words haunt him. (I'm not being mean, it involved a case of sexual abuse) It was righteous use of the f word in that case. lol

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

OMG ... if I could tell you how many times I have said things that some considered "inappropriate", I could write a book.

Rub a Dub (but then by definition, I am Rub a Dub).

• Dubfounded_12
    Dubfounded_12

I called a brother doing the announcements a gobshite, thought it was under my breath but my PO grandad heard and cracked up!

• hoser
    hoser

Mrs Hoser told the RBC head honcho that something wasn’t being built to code during a Kingdom Hall quick build.

That didn’t go over very good.

• tiki
    tiki

Once upon a time in a Kingdom (hall) of yore....at a meeting for field service, the obviously gay circuit overseer yet wed to a (self-absorbed) woman was arranging car groups, and as the majority present were loath to pursue the morning activities and stalling or revising directives.....little sister me commented to the erstwhile leader that he must be the Circus Servant.

He was not pleased.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit