Things we should not have said,

by Phizzy 10 Replies latest social humour

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I remember the service overseer trying to encourage greater FS participation during a local needs talk said "looking at the hours reported our sisters are doing a lot better than the brothers."

Then he said "Brothers! You will all have to pull your socks up as high as the sisters!"

And wondered why everyone fell about laughing, as we pictured them pulling their socks up as high as the sisters' stockings.

But the one that was brilliant and still has me laughing was the stuffy elder who was giving a talk about design in creation over evolution and chose the octopus as his example. Then he proceeded to talk about the suction pads that the octopus had on each of its TESTICLES. He used the mispronounced word about 6 further times to everyone's delight.

Me and another friend had to leave the main auditorium and hurry into the foyer, I had a handkerchief stuffed in my mouth to stop my loud guffaws, and my friend had tears running down his cheeks.

We were told off later for being disrespectful of an older man, but Hey! he started it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit