GB "OUR KINGS"

by wannaexit 16 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I was at the one day assembly and the bethel speaker in talking about governing body member Klein -referred to him as our KING.

Wonder if governing body members will be so presumptuous to expect this title from the rank and file?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Why not? The Elders are Princes and Dukes! The R & F drool over these guys (GB), they are rock stars! BARF!
  • Clearview
    Clearview
    Wow. I had to come out of lurker mode for this one. Isn't Jesus supposed to be king? Just more proof of the GB usurping JC for the $$$. Just wow. And from a bethelite as well. Too bad you don't have a recording.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

Our KING, i thought Jesus Christ was "our KING". If that statement is true, and nowadays i hardly doubt anything these men say anymore, then talk about worshiping MEN over God. Kings, thruout history, have always been bowed to, and worshipped, but we are never to do this to any men, or man.

@ - Wannaexit - Did you, by any chance, get a recording of that talk, or video of it? I would LOVE to see that, it would be such "damning" evidence, and if i played that for my father, it would make him "think", about that one.

So i guess he is "King Klein". He should be known as "Kingdom King Klein", or KKK, lol.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome CLEARVIEW.

Haven't you been keeping up with the Org's chariot? The Magnificent 7 are acting as priests right now, and they are your only means of achieving eternal life. Deny them and you deny God's conduit for mankind!!!!!!!!!

I'm beginning to think that one or two of these charlatans actually believe their own publicity!

• orangefatcat1951
    orangefatcat1951

I do believe MOST of them are suffering from dementia or Alzheimer's disease. They are disillusion!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

(1 Corinthians 4:8) 8 YOU men already have YOUR fill, do YOU? YOU are rich already, are YOU? YOU have begun ruling as kings without us, have YOU? And I wish indeed that YOU had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with YOU as kings.

jws forget this scripture....there are no kings on earth per this.

*** it-2 p. 225 Lawgiver ***

Paul also calls to the attention of Christians that “the holy ones will judge the world” and that “we shall judge angels.” Here he is speaking, not of the present time, but of the future, when those who reign in the Kingdom with Christ will serve as heavenly judges, administering the law of God and executing judgment on wicked ones.—1Co 6:1-3; Re 20:6; compare 1Co 4:8.

*** w95 7/1 p. 18 par. 16 “The Israel of God” and the “Great Crowd” ***

Peter quoted Exodus 19:6 when he wrote to anointed Christians of his day: “You are ‘a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession.’” (1 Peter 2:9) What does this mean? Are anointed Christians on earth kings? No, their kingship is still future. (1 Corinthians 4:8)

*** w66 1/15 pp. 58-59 ‘The Kingdom Is at Hand’—When? ***

That the Kingdom was not ruling and that Jesus’ disciples could not consider themselves kings even though they were in line for the heavenly kingdom to rule ultimately as kings was definitely shown by the apostle Paul when he reprimanded the Corinthian Christians, saying: “You men already have your fill, do you? You are rich already, are you? You have begun ruling as kings without us, have you? And I wish indeed that you had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with you as kings.”—1 Cor. 4:8; 2:2.

*** w94 1/15 pp. 17-18 par. 10 Shepherds and Sheep in a Theocracy ***

About the year 55 C.E., the apostle Paul wrote his first letter to the congregation in Corinth. One of the problems he handled had to do with certain men wanting to be prominent in the congregation. Paul wrote: “You men already have your fill, do you? You are rich already, are you? You have begun ruling as kings without us, have you? And I wish indeed that you had begun ruling as kings, that we also might rule with you as kings.” (1 Corinthians 4:8) In the first century C.E., all Christians had the hope of ruling as heavenly kings and priests with Jesus. (Revelation 20:4, 6) Evidently, though, some in Corinth forgot that on earth there are no kings in the Christian theocracy. Rather than act like kings of this world, Christian shepherds cultivate humility, a quality that pleases Jehovah.—Psalm 138:6; Luke 22:25-27.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    That's just it. With the rank and file thinking the GB are like kings, it makes them more fear-inspiring, ''awe'' like,lol
  • ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness

Isn't Klein dead (I mean finished his earthly course and changed in a twinkling of an eye to take up his heavenly calling?)

Can't recall when the kings' rule starts, sure the teaching has flip-flopped and will again...but in their world he could be ruling as king now. In the real world, dude be dead.

• clarity
    clarity

Wanna ..did you mean that the speakers name was Klein or that Klein was a gb member?

I was at the one day assembly and the bethel speaker in talking about governing body member Klein -referred to him as our KING.

Sorry ...can't find him on GB list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit