George D. Gangas

Milton G. Henschel

Theodore Jaracz

Karl F. Klein

Albert D. Schroeder

Lyman A. Swingle

Daniel Sydlik

*** w01 5/1 p. 31 “Jehovah Has Been Very Good to Me!” ***

ON A very pleasant evening in March 1985, men and women in the Writing Department at the headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses in New York, U.S.A., took note of a milestone. Karl F. Klein had then served 60 years in the full-time ministry. Enthusiastically, Brother Klein said: “Jehovah has been very good to me!” He observed that Psalm 37:4 was a favorite Bible text of his. Later, he delighted all by playing his cello.

For the next 15 years, Brother Klein continued to work as a member of the writing staff and to serve on the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Then, on January 3, 2001, at the age of 95, Karl Klein faithfully completed his earthly course.

Karl was born in Germany. His family moved to the United States, and Karl grew up in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. While still young both Karl and his younger brother Ted became deeply interested in the Bible. Karl was baptized in 1918, and the thrilling things he heard at a convention of Bible Students in 1922 sparked in him a lifelong affection for the field ministry. He did not want a week to pass without sharing in the preaching work, doing so even in the final weeks of his life.

Karl became a member of the headquarters staff in 1925, working first in the printery. He had a real passion for music, and for some years he played the cello in an orchestra that was featured in Christian radio broadcasts. Thereafter, he worked in the Service Department, particularly enjoying his association with its overseer, T. J. Sullivan. Meanwhile, Ted married and with his wife, Doris, took up missionary service in Puerto Rico.

For half a century, Karl Klein worked in the Writing Department, where he made an outstanding contribution because he loved to do research and had a deep knowledge of the Bible. In 1963, Karl married Margareta, a German missionary who was serving in Bolivia. With her loving support, especially as he experienced health problems, he was able to be productive long past the age at which most retire. Karl’s natural candor, combined with a musician’s enthusiasm, contributed to memorable talks in congregations and at conventions. Not long before his death, he presided at a morning text discussion for the large New York Bethel family, to the delight and benefit of all.

Many regular readers of The Watchtower will recall Brother Klein’s life story, an appealing account of his experiences that was published in the issue of October 1, 1984. You will enjoy reading or rereading that account, bearing in mind that its writer spent yet another decade and a half as a faithful and devoted Christian.

As one of the Lord’s anointed, Brother Klein desired with all his heart to reign with Christ in heaven. We have every reason to believe that Jehovah has now fulfilled that desire.—Luke 22:28-30.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Jehovah has been very good to me''

I remember that article very well and then a talk by a CO shortly after about it.

• prologos
    prologos

blondie's credit: "--While still young both Karl and his younger brother Ted became deeply interested in the Bible. Karl was baptized in 1918,--Then, on January 3, 2001, at the age of 95, Karl Klein faithfully completed his earthly course--". so.

King Klein, not with the harp, but cello, was a second group overlapper, extending the first group's claim to fame only 5 Years, over Gangas who died in 1996, we are cheering for the ones that will push that further like D Splane, the Piano player. or the mystical Gangas the II, that can grab Kingdom melodies off the JWORG site and should keep the resurrected kings out of our lives until 2075+3.

PS added: Kings with Strings: David, on the harp, Klein, cello, David the II, Splane, piano, hammering them.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    @clarity the bethel speaker was talking about governing body member Karl Klein
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Let me get this straight , seeing that

the" Governing Body " arrangement did not come into existence before 1944 , W.H.Conley ,C.T.Russell , J.F.Rutherford , are not G.B. members ? not part of the 144,000 to be ruling as kings after there resurrection ?

However those who were appointed G.B.members after 1944 would be considered Kings to rule with Christ ?

Just asking.

smiddy

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Maybe, since they say "The Kingdom is in place in Heaven" and Karl Klein has died and supposed to have taken his place up there.... he meant that .......Well, I am confused already, try as I might it makes no sense

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit