TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS "Handling Cases of Drug Abuse" September 1, 2018

by Not_Culty 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

It's a real letter.

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2
    Could someone send me the pdf of the letter? I just want to confirm its authenticity...
  • fulano
    fulano

@stefaneLaliberte.

Thanks for your quote. I never said cigars don't have a risk for your health. I was talking about being addictive or not. Inhaling cigarette smoke with all its added chemicals and of course its nicotine, is de facto addictive.

Long-filler cigars, Cubans, Dominicans, etc, are practicaly organic, they don't have added chemicals that cigarette manufacturers do put in their stuff. That and the fact you don't inhale the smoke of a good cigar (and I am not talking about the few dollar rubbish cigar they sell at the petrol stations) makes it not addictive.

And therefor, which was my point, it would be interesting see a committee handling a judicial case where someone would be involved in smoking cigars.

If that committee of window-cleaners would use the risk for health as an argument, then what about drinking whiskey, cognac, rum, eating sugar, sweets for your kids, full of chemicals?

the other argument the society uses is that the smoke is harmful to others. That is a non argument. Then don't drive a car, use a horse or a bike. Don't use air-planes. Etc etc...

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

So... can anyone provide me with a link or pdf of this letter? I'd love to see it!

• Hecce
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It seems the only higher education the GB members of the WTS approve of is getting a law degree so you might be used by themselves.

Boys and girls or brothers and sisters have you ever thought about becoming a lawyer in an effort to support are organization when needed ?

What a fine way to show your devotion to Jehovah and his chosen earthly agreement !

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Elders handling cases of drug abuse....hmmm what could go wrong...

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Hilarious; the brain trust says that your 'exemplary' status might be endangered by use of marijuana based medicines, while saying nothing about Vicodin, Oxycontin, etc, dangerous drugs that are addictive.

Are they the most ignorant men to ever lead a group of so many?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit