TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS "Handling Cases of Drug Abuse" September 1, 2018

by Not_Culty 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulano
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

What about a brother addicted to opioids!?

I know of one who had to do months in a rehab facility for misusing those. Is judicial discipline supposed to be enacted? He escaped any punishment.

• hoser
    hoser

I know of a sister disfellowshipped for being addicted to prescription drugs. She had an unbelieving husband and was a visible minority so didn’t really count much in the hierarchy of the organization. Plus the PO was a real asshole so it wasn’t a surprise she was cut loose.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

I went to a judicial meeting stoned once. I just sat there and said nothing trying to act normal. But I am pretty sure they knew.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just what if......the Org was right about drugs and spiritism all along, except the spirits weren’t the beings they believed? They abandoned a true teaching and...

Now they are allowing Dubs to use MJ...

I wonder what Freddie Franz was smoking before consulting his magical shoes?? 🤔

DD

• Onager
    Onager

I once went to a party on a Friday night and took a bunch of magic mushroom caps and had a wild, trippy, time. On the Saturday night I went to a JW bbq party, in a town called Evesham in the UK. Before I left for the bbq my friend who I'd partied with the night before suggested we share the mushroom stalks, which I agreed to because I thought they might give a mild buzz.

Turns out there's at least as much psychoactive ingredients in the stalks as there are in the caps. The problem is it can take a good couple of hours to start having an effect, so I was well into the JW party, burnt sausage bun in hand, when it all began to kick off. Have you ever tried to have a conversation about the ministry with someone who has the face of a cat? It's hard. When someone asked me why I'd been staring at the sky for over half an hour (clouds becoming teddy bears... riveting), I managed to get someone to drive me home. Suffice to say I won't be doing that again!

(The JW party, not the mushrooms!)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "I think they got rid of the spiritism connection many years ago."

That sounds right. And they would have done it quietly, too... just stopped talking about it, instead of saying outright that it was not the case (like the 7000-year Creative Days).

In my cynical moods, I often wonder if the WT leadership at the time were annoyed that they couldn't use it (or mental health problems) as an effective "demonic" scare tactic, anymore. :smirk:

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Marijuana is not addictive! They are such jackasses

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Fulano, did you seriously referenced some random guy as an argument pro cigars? Why not take quotes from official sources who can back up their conclusions with scientific measurements?

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/tobacco/cigars-fact-sheet

Unlike nearly all cigarette smokers, most cigar smokers do not inhale. Although cigar smokers have lower rates of lung cancer, coronary heart disease, and lung disease than cigarette smokers, they have higher rates of these diseases than those who do not smoke cigars.
    All cigar and cigarette smokers, whether or not they inhale, directly expose their lips, mouth, tongue, throat, and larynx to smoke and its toxic and cancer-causing chemicals. In addition, when saliva containing the chemicals in tobacco smoke is swallowed, the esophagus is exposed to carcinogens. These exposures probably account for the similar oral and esophageal cancer risks seen among cigar smokers and cigarette smokers (3).
  • ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

Question: Can we get a pdf or a picture of the actual letter? What I see is the text, and even though it sounds legitimate, it could be made up...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit