How do you find reddit

by joe134cd 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• pistolpete
    pistolpete
    LongHairGal

However, I find myself reading a few once in a while and I’m really shocked at how many young JWs are at risk of literally being thrown out of their homes because they don’t want the religion.

Hey LHG. I view reddit every day or so and every time there is some kid being kicked out of the house. Some as young as 15, even though it is against the law.

Several times there are adults in their 30s and 40s and telling their story of how they were kicked out of their home because they didn't want to get baptized.

Most of these stories are success stories relating how they were homeless, struggled, went on to become engineers, lawyers, computer scientist, and so on. And the majority of them STILL have not been able to communicate with their parents. Some for over 30 years and the parents still won't talk to them.

These kids kicked out at a young age are now 50 and still the parents shun them.

Only when the parents finally are ready to die and need financial help will they reach out to their shunned children FOR HELP.

Reddit is a great resource for all these kids, because it gives them direction on what to do when kicked out of the home. They get career advice, legal help when kicked out, and a place to talk to individuasl who went through the same thing.

I venture to say in the next few years the membership will pass 100k.

What's interesting is that most kids on reddit don't need advice regarding the Watchtower religion. They don't seek that kind of help. They are already aware at a young age that the Watchtower is just a religious cult. By the time they are 10 or so, they know, and they are in the planning stages of leaving the WT.

That's why it's so different from this site.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PISTOLPETE:

Yes, this kicking out of underage children in the JW religion has been happening for a long time.

It’s nice to know that many have gone on to become happy, successful adults. It does not surprise me that their stupid Witness parents still shun them even decades later.

It really gets me though about those who end up contacting their children because they need money. First of all, I can’t imagine (not having been a parent) how somebody could evict their child because of not believing or wanting a religion. Of course, these stupid JW parents were younger and on their arrogant high horse when they did this, no doubt strongly encouraged by worthless busybodies in the hall…Too bad the fool parents didn’t look at the bigger picture of when they get old and these worthless Witnesses in the hall won’t even be around to help them..as if…

In general, I have NO use for Witnesses who think they are going to ask for money from people who they shunned or criticized (like me).

I can’t know what I would do if I were these grown JW children who have parents who kicked them out and are now asking for money all these years later. I imagine I might help a little DEPENDING on the degree of abuse and other unknown factors. But, we’re talking about flesh and blood here. As for any of the other JW self righteous critics who have their hands out:..they’d be told to move along.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

John Cedars = SLOB

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can't be bothered with it. I pop in on here from time to time but that's about it.

My days of active ex-jobo are over. It's become uninteresting to me mostly.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    @hothabanero Why do so many people take issue with John Cedars?

Yeah...I don't really know why that is either but I get a little suspicious when I see the person John Cedars being attacked, rather than his ideas being discussed/debated in a fair manner. It almost seems like some sort of smear campaign going on or a "piling on" of sorts. There's a certain mob mentality that I see here on this site that I haven't noticed on Reddit. It seems like the ol' thumbs down button gets hit for emotionally based reasons (especially if others have done so) rather than because a comment is misleading or contains misinformation. I've seen comments where there are numerous thumbs down votes and yet only one or two people have bothered to comment.

I've seen comments where John Cedar's physical looks/grooming is commented on by people who are themselves hiding anonymously behind a keyboard where no one can see how they might look. I've seen snide remarks made about the length of his videos, by people who have probably never actually made a video themselves and who don't seem to realize that they are free to turn them off or fast forward through them at will or not watch them at all. I've seen people who weren't necessarily hurt by his Facebook blunder themselves, bleating on about it all these years later. The one thing I have never heard, is the actual content of his videos criticized.

All I know is that our common bond here is that all of us were effected by our experiences with JW's. Whether I like a persons delivery style, personal appearance, video length, how they otherwise conduct themselves or how many blunders they may make, I'm happy to seen anyone making an effort to bring to light what has been silenced and kept under wraps for so long, by the JW organization.

The nice thing I've noticed about Reddit is that there aren't "regulars" "the old guard" who frequent the site I visit and who hold sway or set a certain tone or atmosphere. As someone said, there are a lot of young ones on Reddit who are dealing with current specific JW issues in their lives and they need immediate help/advice with that, rather than engaging in discussions about TV shows, celebrities, gun control and other hot button political topics. They seem to really appreciate my advice and experience.

• waton
    waton

I did not tdidder on reddit (spelled backward, almost)

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

My screen name on exjw/reddit was "Fragrant_Addendum_15", but I just deleted the account. Some of the mods there are worse than the JWBorg elders as regards being trigger happy to disfellowship/ban anyone who doesn't meet their expectations of the ideal human. They must be insecure or something. They didn't care if I posted stuff exposing the GB, but if I mention God in a positive way they freak. I was banned from the site for 90 days for posting the following comment (they called me a troll🤣):

"Like the days of Noah..."

Jehovah temporarily shut up the wombs of the women in Pharoah's household when Sarah was abducted in Egypt. There were other times recorded in the Bible that Jehovah prevented women from getting pregnant.

Noah's wife and the wives of his three sons did not have children for a certain period of time.

There were no babies or children who perished in the Flood. Jehovah always does what is right. He does not sweep away the righteous along with the wicked. Jehovah cut off their abilities to have children temporarily for a time after the Nephilim were around. That's part of why He waited 120 years before bringing the Flood.

In Noah's day, it must have seemed like a really long time to wait for Jehovah to act. Things were horrible. But Jehovah had a reason for waiting. It's the same today. When He acts to remove wickedness, it will be complete. The floodwaters covered the highest mountains and the lowest valleys. It was a sign for our day. When Jehovah cleans the world of wickedness in our day, it will be just as complete. It's worth waiting for.

Jehovah hasn't left us. Keep hanging in there. There is a God in the heavens who hears the cries of the righteous and the crushed. His Word is truth. The Kingdom of Christ did not come in the first century or in 1914, but it will begin soon. Keep on the watch. When Jesus takes the throne, the WTBT$ and other religious institutions will be cut down. The Bible shows there will be a time of tribulation for 3 1/2 years while the UN and associated nations do their thing, then they'll be dissolved too. Just like Jehovah took care of the Israelites day by day in the wilderness for 40 years, so He will do the same for us.

Mercy triumphs over judgment. The grace and undeserved kindness of the Christ are enough for us, when we are willing to apologize to God for our mistakes.🙂

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit