attention apostasy sucks.

by MOLHIE-NIGG 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maverick
    Maverick

I read all this and really had to work at finding the point. I checked out these Xjw sites to see if what I was feeling was unique to me or were other people seeing what I was seeing. There was a little validation in realizing I was not totally alone in my suspicions about the WatchTower Organization. A happy J-dud is not comming here folks! Their insecurity at leaving "Mommy" side will keep them enslaved, and away from here. Just "checking" an Xjw site is a sign of the crack in the GB programming.

Are we here to pretend to be someone we are not to "win" them (JW's) over? I think that mentality is a carry over from the Kingdumb Hall Days. They're not little children that can't think for themselves if given the chance. Time to grown up little JW's. We will not treat you as babies like the Governing Body does. But as adults like God does.

As for apostacy. I hate it when the people here accept the GB label. We are NOT the apostates of God! We do not insert loyalty to us as proof of loyalty to God and Christ. We do not usurp Jesus place as the only mediator between man and God. We do not say God will judge and then require the membership to treat someone that disagrees with us as if God has already killed them! Among the true Apostates of God are the Governing Body and their minions. Maverick

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

MN.... if you are really a JW.... then YOU are the kind that most people on this site feel.... a NEED to defend themselves against. I think most of the visitors to this site, find some good in JW's or they wouldn't bother.... others have family members, being held away from them, at the hands of your peers. But you.... are the best example of the judgement and intolerance, that they display. Everything must be absolute with those of your kind.

No one here will dispute the power that your religous structure has obtained. That power is respected and feared by many. It is the reason that most of us are no longer a part of that. By your post... I can tell you are just a youngun'.... you have much to learn about humanity, and how to interact with them... you have even more to learn about fear, guilt, and shame.... but you just stick with what you are doing, and that lesson will soon follow.

In the short time that I have been on this site... I have observed far more healing.... than bashing going on. It seems that no one here is trying to change the other's belief or path.... This is a place of honesty, and venting, and sharing of pain. You only shame it with your prescence. There are those here, who would be in a lot worse shape... if they had not found this site. Myself included.

Now run along and see if you can find a good place to plug that microphone into. That should keep you busy for a while........yes, I know .... Iggy the troll...... heck... just delete this post. lol

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

If apostacy sucks, and you're a die-hard JW, why are you talking to us? Is it not part of your programing to having no interactions with apostates for fear of infection? I question your motives.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I post here not b/c of any apostates, but b/c of JWS . They drove me away. If it were not for their total lack of kindness and christian love,-i would still be one of them.

So I am very grateful JWS. They got me to this board, not vice versa.

• Francois
    Francois

MOLHIE-NIGG, you forget that the people here were once JWs in good standing. There is represented here CENTURIES of experience in dealing with the WTBTS. In other words, vastly more experience in dealing with it than you have.

And it is our considered opinion that the organization of JWs is a false religion, a cult, a false prophet condemned out of its own mouth - the Watchtower and other of its publications.

When considering only the prophecies that the WTBTS has uttered over the last 130 years, it is immediately apparent that the organization is at the very minimum a false prophet. We need prove nothing else. Once we've proven the false prophet angle, that's all we need to do.

Would you like to debate the proposition that "The Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is a False Prophet"? Would you? Will you? Can you? If you are unwilling to debate this question, I suggest you just fade away like the Arab in the night, because you have not the courage of your convictions. Each and everyone here certainly does have such courage.

So. What's it gonna be? Are you going to debate the question or are you not?

francois

• starScream
    starScream

About false prophecies.

I remember the first time I heard the refference to 1975 in detail. We were at the Hall in the back in the secondary school because we had arrived late. We were just getting up to go out to the main area. I was with my mother and sister. The guy giving the talk, right before the theocratic ministry school, made a refference to mistakes concerning 1975. It was just a brief reffernece but I believe the context was on making speculation outside of the information provided by the society. There was an immediate gasp in the audience, you could feel it although no one said anything.

Me and my sister ( i was about 13 and she was like 11) instantly turned to my mom and and blurted out "what happened in 1975?" as we were very curious about what he meant by that. She knew that she shouldnt dodge the question and because we asked 3 times in 2 seconds she just blurted out that "some of the brothers thought armageddon was going to come in 1975." Me and my sister said "WHAT!?!". We just sat there looking at eachother. We knew that they were hiding something and that there was a lot more to this issue. The fact that I had NEVER heard of this before yet it was obviuos that many people knew about it and reacted the way they did really raised my awareness.

That was the first time I had ever heard of anything from the Watchtower that raised questions on its credibility. This was about 10 years ago.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

From what I remember, there is nothing called a Chief Microphone handler. The KH would never appoint someone "chief" anything. That would put attention away from the elders/Jehoober. He made this up. This person is probably not even an active JW, just wants to come and cause discussion. Have fun with him but don't take what he says seriously. He just says it to stir you guys up.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

From what I remember, there is nothing called a Chief Microphone handler. The KH would never appoint someone "chief" anything. That would put attention away from the elders/Jehoober. He made this up. This person is probably not even an active JW, just wants to come and cause discussion. Have fun with him but don't take what he says seriously. He just says it to stir you guys up.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hey fool, why did you change your pic??? *beware I am hijacking the thread....*

• Beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit