*Dizzy* Christianity - Fraudulent and Evil Rotten - from beginning to end

by Xander 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• logical
    logical

See how wrong the WTS have Revelation 13, how can this apply to governments, with all the above stuff and even to this day the WTS along with all the other religions continue to fulfill that chapter

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction." - Blaise Pascal

While God may not be bad for your health, religion is certainly no vitamin pill.

HS

• starScream
    starScream

To the one that demands proof that God exists...

Does creation exist? Does life show signs that a creator exists?

Life was not always here. It came from something. Something caused it. If it is your theory that the formation of life is a natural process then show me how the natural process turns non-living matter into complex chemical machines without any pre-existing life.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Romans 1:19-20
    Ah, come on hooberus... the whole point is that the Biblical account of creation does not tally with the evidence in the world around us. The understanding we get from "the things that are made" is that it wasn't like it says in Genesis. There's more proof of T Rex than of god, and no explaination of the existence of fossils showing a clear and steady increase in compexity. Thus the validity of literal interpretation and assumption of inspiration of the whole rest of the book is called into doubt. Which means it's the same as the Qu'ran. Or the Bhagvadvita (sp?). Or the Collected Works of William Shakespeare, for that matter. If god gave us minds that demand imperical proof, why did he make sure that he could not be proved? You consistantly fail to really engage with that issue - which is your right. But without engaging in it your arguements are hollow. starScream:

Life was not always here. It came from something. Something caused it. If it is your theory that the formation of life is a natural process then show me how the natural process turns non-living matter into complex chemical machines without any pre-existing life.

Presuppositionalism. You assume god existed. You demand proof of how "natural process turns non-living matter into complex chemical machines without any pre-existing life.", when you have no proof of how God appeared as a complex entity. By your own logic, god has to have come from something. To me it's far more realistic to assume the slow growth in complexity of life, backed up as it is by the evidence, and to allow that life arose from non-living matter, than to assume there just happened to be God, with absolutely no explaination of his origin. If you argue that life required a designer and creator, then YOUR logic demands that God required a designer and a creator. Provide evidence for that.
  • back2dafront
    back2dafront

Starscream,

Why is it that all those who belief life was created automatically think it was this almighty invincible spirit force who did it?? Think about how far science has come in the past 100 years. Now imagine what will be possible 100 years from now. I'm not sure where I stand on the creation vs. evolution issue, but I do know the God of the Bible or the Koran is a highly debatable being for all the reasons stated above. The Almighty Being of this universe would logically have a known way of worshipping him that was NOT left up to humans to decipher and interpret. Just as Bush is president of the USA it would be that clear for all of the world. Face it, any creator or inventor wants recognition of their product. You think "God" is any different??? It's hard for me to believe He would let so much injustice happen in his name, so much so that a lot question His existence.

• starScream
    starScream

I submitted: complex chemical machines, aka biological life, a creation.

Just as Bush is president of the USA it would be that clear for all of the world.

It is pretty clear that God created the life on earth. Only has that been recently challenged.

Please don't give me some massive response, just give a counterpoint if you wish.

• seedy3
    seedy3
    It is pretty clear that God created the life on earth. Only has that been recently challenged

Really??? If it is so clear why are there so many people that do not accept the idea of the mythogical creation story that the Hebrews robbed from the Sumerian/Babylonian religions? There is no evidence that there is any form of God anywhere. It is not up to us to prove that god does not exist, it is up to you and him to prove he does. So far God has not shown up at my door to say "hey".

Seedy

• Abaddon
    Abaddon
    It is pretty clear that God created the life on earth. Only has that been recently challenged.

That's like someone saying, in response to the doctrine that the Earth was the centre of the Universe being challanged "It is pretty clear that the Earth is the centre of the Universe with the sun rotating around it. Only has that been recently challenged."

Or "It is pretty clear that disease is the result of evil spirits and witchcraft. Only has that been recently challenged."

Fine, if you want to pretend that the last 150 years of science haven't happend, that is your choice, but you obviously do so without any real knowledge of contempoary science, so your opinion can't really be described as an informed one, can it?

• Dansk
    Dansk

I can't say whether there is a God or not. The problem I have is that man is supposedly made in his image, i.e. we have his qualities.

Right, if I see people suffering I want to step in and end it; to relieve them of it. Why, then, doesn't God stop all these cruel injustices now? If we are made in his image, He has the same sympathy as I - so why doesn't he step in?

Just my thoughts......

• Gopher
    Gopher

If we are made in God's image, why doesn't he step in?

Well, um.... it's because there's this CONCEPT, you see, called UNIVERSAL SOVEREIGNTY -- which still hasn't been proved out to God's satisfaction. When he is satisfied then he'll step in. What, haven't you been reading your Watchtower lately? His time to step in is "Just around the corner".... "anyday now"....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit