*Dizzy* Christianity - Fraudulent and Evil Rotten - from beginning to end

by Xander 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hooberus
    hooberus

starScream, the conversation that you are having with Abaddon, seems similar to the one that I had with Abaddon on another post, in which Abaddon is requiring you to first prove the existance of an invisible God (something which is not observable), before you can critique an aspect of evolutionary theory or naturalistic abiogenesis.

Requiring someone to prove something which everyone agrees is not technically falsifable (such as the existance of an unobservable God) before you are allowed to critique a supposedly falsible theory (such as evolution or naturalistic abiogenesis) automatically makes your task impossible. Hense you are now in a debate to where the outcome has already been decided in Abaddon's favor by his own rules.

Its like trying to play chess with someone who put his pieces on the board, but won't allow you to put your pieces on the board until you prove that the invisible is visible.

• hooberus
    hooberus

here is the other thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/46549/3.ashx

The thread topic is "Evolution or Creation"

While the topic here is different, the specific point relating to the issue of whether or not you must first prove "the theory of god" before you can critique evolution are discussed there.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Abaddon, why do you need to use put-downs in your posts?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hoob

"prove that the invisible is visible."

Nice try. I believe that is a strawman. Are you admitting that you cannot prove that god exists?

The bible says something to the affect that gods kingdom is real, having real, true foundations, while the world as we know it is ephemeral, nigh to passing away, as a mist. The patriarchs looked forward to the heavenly city. Hebrews, i think. Anyway, if our present diaphenous world exists, unquestionably, how much easier would it be for you to prove that the heavenly city exists, and it's god and founder, if they, in truth, existed, being more real than the present world?

SS

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I don't want to get into this but this is why I have no use for Christianity. There is some fundie Christians that if they had it their way would like to tuen the clock back to the "good old days".

Will

• gumby
    gumby

There is some fundie Christians that if they had it their way would like to tuen the clock back to the "good old days

Do you mean like.......burn us heathen bastards at the stake?

Gumby

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

There is some fundie Christians that if they had it their way would like to tuen the clock back to the "good old days

Do you mean like.......burn us heathen bastards at the stake?
    Worse than that. Think Square Dancing.

• Azalo
    Azalo

The only thing JW's ever got right "Religion is a snare and a racket" to bad they didnt realize they were talking about themselves too.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hillary dear Hillary,

Have you read this? http://www.exjws.net/pioneers/briancole.htm

If you chose so to do would you please give us a comment thereon.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

hooberus: I am bored by struggling to deal with the level of unconcious self-deceit or deliberate intellectual dishonesty that you exercise. I am sure at some point enui and annoyance with your pattern of behaviour will once again lead me to batter my brains against a brickwall by responding to you, even if there is seemingly no point, as argueing with someone as entrenchedly illogical as you is pointless.

You can regard those as insults and put downs if you wish, I see them as simple statements of fact.

I wish you well for all that. All the best.

Feel free to contribute to the discussion when I get round to putting up 'questions for creationists' we both know you will be unable to answer, that show whatever faults evoltuionary theory has, it is at least more plausable than ancient contradictory myths without a shred of evidence to support.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit