"We dont mourn the dead"

by HereIgo 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Raised in a Baptist church in the south, Sunday services a all day event and funerals at a different level of emotions.Sunday services you have the folks that committed a sin Saturday night, so they are the ones running down the aisles asking forgiveness(always the same people) and when there's a funeral a lot of weeping and yelling. So at my first JW funeral what a difference, LOL......The old Baptist church funeral experience, the same actors that asking forgiveness on Sunday put on a show for the funeral..

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I've noticed so many times that when a spouse dies the brother/sister remarries so fast. Sometimes within 6 months. I think wow! you didn't mourn for long. We had one brother here, lost his wife and within the space of a very short time had wife number two who then died and within less than 6 months had wife number three. It was like, well, death breaks the ties so onto the next one. He never looked sad. It was all so matter of fact. I've seen that so many times. I always think why are you so cold?? Why don't you appear to care??

Told my husband if I go before him I shall expect him to be wearing sackcloth and ashes and there better be a shrine to me in the house hahahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit