Bad Doors in the field service

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Aaaargh, any door I went to with my mom or Uncle Paul. They could and did talk incessantly to anyone foolish enough to stand there politely, while yours truly stood on one foot, then another, and tried hard to stay awake. I give them credit for tenacity and enthusiasm, but it was tough on this kid! I think I clocked Mom at 1 1/2 hours at one door, and of course the householder didn't invite us in so I had to stand there the whole time. I always liked the doors or yards with animals because I had a way with animals and could usually talk their language. Never got bit. I once had a pit bull with a nasty sense of humor sneak up behind me, bark once very loudly to see me jump, then gave me a smug look and went back to his doghouse.

Nina

• Scully
    Scully

Worst door:

I was 8 years old, it was the first time I went in service with the intention to offer the mags. One of the older girls in the congregation - she would have been about 16 or so, and I loved the attention she paid to me (she was the youngest girl in her family and I was the only girl in mine, so she was like the big sister I didn't have) - had helped me get my presentation ready and practiced with me in advance.

We arrive at the door that I decide is "the one", and a very large intimidating man opens the door and starts yelling at me right after I said "Good morning..." He threatened to get a gun and shoot us if we ever came back. I was so scared of him that I had nightmares about that door for the longest time.

Seven years later, when I was in high school, Mr. High Blood Pressure with a Gun turned out to be my Grade 10 Math and Computer Science teacher. The nightmares started coming back. LOL

I must have had at least one or two guys fresh out of the shower with a towel around their waist every summer. A couple of times the towels didn't stay where they started out.

There were always big dogs in certain suburban/rural areas. Fortunately I'd never been bitten, although I was knocked down once.

Memoriesssssssss lol

Love, Scully

• Quotes
    Quotes

Scully, LMAO.... but then upon reconsidering....

Isn't it disturbing that someon so unbalanced and psychopathic as to threaten violence with a gun to an 8 year old girl is actually a high school teacher?

• Dansk
    Dansk

This a really BAD door from a different angle – and is true!

Two bros were on a door together and one knocked. While they were waiting they started to chat to each other, one saying that he had a bad stomach. After awhile, the other bro knocked on the door again……..

Well, it seemed obvious no one was at home so the one with the bad stomach decided to relieve himself, emitting a silent but obnoxious smell from his inners. Leaving a dark, putrefying gaseous haze on the doorstep the two bros started to walk down the garden path - only to hear the door they’d just left begin to open. They had to go back………………

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

One time I went to a door and a fella comes to the door and says he is not interested. Well, the C/O had just pounded into our heads that someone saying " I am not interested" is not a rejection but a challenge. So I gave the KM instructed " are you not interested in religion or not interested in the bible?". The fella said "wait just a sec". He comes back with a handgun and points it at me and says "I AM NOT INTERESTED, GET IT ?" I said "YUP, have a nice day". Another time I was out in service doing RV's. At one RV I was talking at the door about something...meanwhile someone had cut the screen in their den and stole their 27" color tv. The next time I came back the householder thought I was part of some scheme to keep her talking at the door while a partner broke in robbed them. No amount of talking could convince her otherwise.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Some of these posts are hilarious. I have one, when I was 17 we were offering the Live Forever Book. Well I was totally confident in my presentation until this gorgeous guy came to the door in a towel, dripping wet. After I picked my jaw off the ground (the sister with me was speechless)totally flustered, I said: 'Would you like for us to live together?' (I meant live forever!) He grinned and said: 'I'm up for it if you are!' Victorian Sky

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Oh man Sphere, that musta been embarassing. I remember finding out my fly was down probably for the entire WT. I was the conductor... thank goodness for the center section of the platform. I remember once in FS, I was with a younger brother and girl about 19 comes to the door in panties and a tight above the belly button t-shirt. We both tried to keep looking down on our bibles...but she kept awnsering and commenting on the presentation. We both left...red as beets.

• JH
    JH

Did anybody have their car damaged in any way because of the field service. Maybe parking in a hostile area, where some could scratch the car or shoot rocks on it on purpose.

• Valis
    Valis

hrrrm...well seeing every day in service is a bad I had to think about this one...I guess I was about 11 (Why do I remember this stuff?) and it was hot and I guees my brain was boiling, but I swear I went right up to a door and opened it! *LOL* This huge man comes out and he didn't care if I had a book bag and was dressed up...he thought I was breaking and entering...he started yelling and I started running...*LOL* I have no clue why I just opened the door, but I did..*LOL* I can just see the local news now..."11 Year Old JW Arrested Out Peddling Magazines For Breaking And Entering...News At Eleven"...thank dog I don't have to make that mistake again.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit