Serena William is 'fighting for women'?!

by LoveUniHateExams 109 Replies latest social current

• VIII
    VIII

That video was too funny!!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Cartoonists/caricaturists are on thin ice career wise anyway in this increasingly PC world.

They take a persons most prominent/dominant features and accentuate them in an unflattering drawing if they were to never caricature people of different races and religions would that be "not depicting diversity" I wonder.

Charlie Hebdo cartoonists got killed for their art didn't they?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Cartoonists/caricaturists are on thin ice career wise anyway in this increasingly PC world - yes this is true but there must be a push-back against this PC madness.

Cartoonists must have freedom to draw cartoons that lampoon the wealthy and famous.

The drawing of Serena may be unflattering but it's not racist.

An unflattering drawing of Serena Williams is a small price to pay to continue our tradition of free speech.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Ugh, I 'm so tired of being misread on this forum. Lemme splain it.

I did not say nor do I think cartoonist should be banned in anyway I 'm just observing a trend towards PC culture increasing the chances of cartoons and caricature depictions being too contentious for newspapers to carry. Possibly in the future.

Yes yes yes you are correct it is PC madness it's a bloody cartoon that's how they're drawn! Cartoonish!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Sparrowdown - I'm not misreading you.

My comments weren't aimed at you.

They were aimed at all the people who find offence in everything, even in silly cartoons.

If people find something offensive, they don't have to look at it - another one of our freedoms.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

No worries luhe my comment was aimed at pc madness too.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

My child thought Serena looked like a princess.

You are the one with a problem Sparrowdown.

Why do you see ugly?

Perhaps you’re racist. People like you are a problem.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

This controversy is still going? Good lord.

Pretty soon I’ll be forced to take an interest just to keep up.

• waton
    waton
    her opponent was Japanese. Not a blonde white woman - the figure drawn to represent Osaka is ambiguous. Is she white or mixed-race in the cartoon? LUHE

Yes, she is mixed race, her father is Haitian, as coloured as they come. Of West African roots, the homeland of the strongest sprinters, jumpers, hitters in the world. So super world class genetics were competing here, a superbly matched match.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"You can't make me celebrate my daughters birthday! And another thing: If you don't repent now, Jehovah will destroy you at Armageddon! Don't say I didn't warn you.!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit