After Death Communications in the JW community

by jack2312 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• apostrate
    apostrate

Lack of evidence does not mean that something isn't so. Many murderers have walked away free due to lack of evidence. Just because they were not found guilty in a court of law does not mean that they were not actually guilty.

To be honest, I have had many unexplained incidences, particularly since my brothers death. If it were just one incident, I could chalk it up to coincidence. But a series of coincidences??

I don't tell people about these things because 1, I have no proof, and 2, nobody would believe me anyway. I have no Messiah Complex and I am not out to save the world or make anyone believe the things that I believe. If there is life after death and I am being sent a message, then that message is for ME, nobody else.

I don't concern myself with issues such as "evolution or creation". If there is life after death, then all will be revealed in due time. If there is no life after death, THEN WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE??? Why argue about such things?

Eat, drink, and be MARY!

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Sorry. I got nothing. Never seen or felt nothin'. I've even sat in the middle of a huge Buddhist graveyard near my house - in the middle of the night - all alone hoping to feel or sense something from beyond the veil. Even my Stephen King induced imagination couldn't conjure up anything unusual. I guess some of us just don't have the sixth sense.

Ucantnome wrote:

The same relative also related to me that one night he went to the bathroom in the early hours of the morning and someone came out of the bathroom and disappeared down the hallway.

I once saw an episode from the TV show Unsolved Mysteries years ago that dealt with that same incident. It freaked the hell out of me. That show was so awesome and believable as a kid.

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, Jack,

I have no belief in afterlife myself, but my exJW friend did. She had many people ask for her help in 'speaking' with their deceased. She was kind of like some psychic I saw on Oprah once, a woman. She would say - you, in the third row, red sweater. Your father wants you to know that John is with him, and they are okay. Audience member would say - omg, my brother John died last week.

I never believed that stuff, but my friend would do the exact same thing. She *knew* stuff, about the deceased of people she had never met before. I don't bother to try and explain it, it's unimportant to me.

Life, today, the NOW, is what matters. Be kind to people while they are alive - that makes it easier to let go when they die.

I realize you are looking for anecdotes, so shared mine (well, my friend's). Please excuse the "vocal minority" on this forum, who like to make an argument about everything. Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that they must POUND their "Truth" into others' heads, and although the belief system has changed, the behaviours are deep-rooted. Just shrug it off.

xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit