After Death Communications in the JW community

by jack2312 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Jack,

My m-i-l passed away in July. A couple of days after her death, my wife had gone to bed but was not asleep and she smelled her mother's scent wafting into the room. It was a flowery perfume smell. No one else smelled it.

My m-i-l had a passion for frogs and had a large collection of frog figurines.Shortly after her death, a bright green frog appeared on the front door step.

I did not witness any of this for my m-i-l lived in another state.

Truthseeker

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Your wife had two classic hallucinations that many get when someone they love dies then truthseeker. The brain is a very powerful thing.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman
    I just can't believe that in 2015 people are still talking about this kind of quackery. You think mankind advances, but they never do.
  • apostrate
    apostrate

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but I will share it anyway.

A few years ago I rented a room from an old man. He was a grumpy old codger and a devote atheist. Time after time I heard him say, "When you're dead, you're dead!"

Well, one day he's out in the front yard and he falls and breaks his leg. After being taken to the hospital and getting a cast on his leg, he has to spend a few days in rehab. Problem is, rehab is full, so they arrange for him to stay in hospice.

One of the people he befriends is an older black woman. They have breakfast each morning and he seems to enjoy her company. One morning, she's not there. Next morning, she's not there. He asks one of the nurses where she is and is told that the woman passed away the other night.

Now, remember, he is an atheist and he believes that when you're dead, you're dead!

But he tells me that each night, for the duration of his stay, a ghostly figure would appear in his room at night and he believed it was the woman! (Now I gotta tell you, taking a cue from an old Eddie Murphy monologue, if I wake up in the middle of the night and I see a ghost in my room, friend or not, I'm getting the HELL outta there!!!)

Now, of course, I can't believe that he is believing this! And I know this man. He's not yanking my chain or anything.

Well, I just listened to his story, I didn't offer up any advice or give my opinion or anything. I just found it odd that he would believe this.

A few months later I brought the subject up again. I don't remember exactly what I wanted to know from him. But he just looked at me, perplexed, and said, "I don't know what you're talking about." I reminded him again about the dead woman, and he just looked at me like I'm crazy and shakes his head.

Alzheimers maybe??

• jack2312
    jack2312

What I have to say is this....

You can think of it as quackery or bunk...

When it happens to you....it's different. And when you speak to the people that have posted here in such a derogatory and disrespectful way completely devoid of any compassion, you actually show me (and the rest of us) the real you. And it's sad. Go look in the mirror. That guy needs some work and to find joy in this life.

BTW...

I'm responding to the many posters that privately messaged me here because they didn't want to post and be ridiculed here on this thread. You can still think what you want...I know you will. But know that others have a point of view (and are at the very least open to possibilities) different from yours that are no less valid . Your negative energy hurts even through a key board.

I thought you should know this.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

In the congregation I used to belong to, there was a sister who died after several years of fighting lymphoma. She lived longer than the doctors predicted she would. She had retired and pioneered. She and I went out in service together a lot and I thoroughly enjoyed her. She was a wonderful person. Toward the last of her illness the congregation drew together and provided meals and care for her. After she died, I had a dream, one of the ones that seem to be real, and she was in the dream telling me she was okay. When I woke I felt I had received a message from her on the other side. I was very much in doubt about WT teachings by then and I had no problem with believing she had sent me a message. Of course, I did not express this to anyone in the congregation. Then later on, one of the pioneers in the congregation who was married to an elder told me that a lot of people had had trouble with this sister's death. She did not elaborate on that, but I took it to mean that the sister (Billie Jean) had communicated with others also. I have to say that Billie Jean is the kind of person who would have done that, tried to let others know she was okay, and there is no doubt in my mind that that was what she was doing.

For all you naysayers out there, believe what you want, that's okay. But remember I am entitled to my own beliefs as well.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Not wanting to offend anyone but the mind is a powerful device...losing a loved one is the hardest thing ever...we all have had that loss...and most of us wish that they were still around...in whatever form.

But the fact remains that in 2015 there has not been to date any conclusive proof via picture or video of anything supernatural....ever...period.

Given that there are more mobile devices on this planet than can capture pictures and video in HD than there are actual people then that stat tends to suggest there is no life after death and there is no supernatural thing...

There are still unexplained situations and coincidences that we haven't yet got the facts to be able to explain but that is not proof of anything supernatural.

Therefore I tend to lean to the fact it is in people's minds...as I say the mind is powerful and our mental faculties are strong.

But life after death? There is no actual evidence or facts to support it which given there have been billions of humans that have died that in itself weighs towards the conclusion I come to.

I of course respect others who disagree.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Jack,

It's interesting you have had messages in private. But if I had an experience I would show evidence about it. I can't understand why some people choose to keep these experiences secret unless in fact they have doubts themselves.

Kate xx

• steve2
    steve2

Sounds like this is therapy for you dressed up as surveying others experiences, giving it a kind of sociological study flavor it doesn't warrant. If you came here seeking people's experiences of "Christ" you'd soon get the message to take a hike. Yet because it's got a "new age" alternative aspect ( and you readily shared how close the topic is to you) you've had a better than expected reception.

It seems you are indulging in "Confirmation bias" - a possibility raised by an earlier poster (Kate Wild).

That is, you find whatever it is you're looking for.

As regards my take on the topic, most kingdom halls have a good number of brain dead devotees. Do these ones count as the dead ones we've communicated with?

• jack2312
    jack2312

I plan on posting later tonight with a story I just got within the hour. I wanted to say this not because you will all be in joyous glee waiting for it. No....just wanted you to know that I'm going to post some responses (to your posts) with this story and to please check back later tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you for all your collective time here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit