Bret Weinstein: Evergreen State College Racism Controversy

by Simon 30 Replies latest social current

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

I agree with all your points but the last.

As I said, the violent protesters represent a minority, not a majority. Till you have credible statistics to prove otherwise, I'll consider it your opinion, not a fact.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Spoletta: The entire university system is rotten. SJW/BLM types are found at all levels and the root cause is the college system has become too bloated so they are full of students who shouldn't be there who are pursuing worthless degrees where "activism" has replaced REAL learning.

The result is a college degree pretty much don't mean anything anymore except you had rich parents.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Hothabenero The result is a college degree pretty much don't mean anything anymore except you had rich parents.

It's always meant that; or rarther ' comfortable' parents, I'd say.

Education should be for all. It's the only way we will progress as a species, from the monsters we have been in the past. Kids will be kids and will push the boundaries, that's healthy. What is shocking is the president/administration of the college not backing his collegue. Spineless fools with no principals should be sacked immediately. Bullying should No longer be acceptable in the workplace.The female mischief maker tutor should also go, a bully who hides behind her sex and colour.

• Simon
    Simon
    the violent protesters represent a minority, not a majority. Till you have credible statistics to prove otherwise, I'll consider it your opinion, not a fact

Let's be clear - they are a minority of the overall population but make up a sizeable enough population of the university ecosystem to be dangerous. There are academics in different institutions all saying the same thing - free speech is under threat on campuses and there is a pogrom against anyone who speaks out or objects to the "new truths" which are complete lies.

• JeffT
    JeffT

The problem is not the number of extremist students, its administrators that need to grow a back bone. A year or two ago a bunch of black kids on the school football team (it may have been a historically black college - I can't remember), threatened to stop playing unless the administration gave in to some list of demands they presented. The correct response would have been, "OK, let us know how that works out for you." Instead the admins surrendered to them.

I live in Washington state I've also been following the dust up down there. Frankly, that school is a waste of time. Here's a good article that just appeared recently:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/theethicist/2011/06/13/waste-your-tuition-at-evergreen-state-college-its-fun-get-high/

The result is a college degree pretty much don't mean anything anymore except you had rich parents.

Here's a local joke:

How do you get an Evergreen student to take a shower?

Hide Mom and Dad's credit card under the soap.

• cofty
    cofty
    Interesting article JeffT. Looks like they are reaping what they have sown
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

It's an interesting, and quite disturbing, watch. Observing the left mindset folks ( not just who I would consider far left) and their "justified" behaviors. I am continuously amazed to see people I have personally known for years, ( this happening mostly behind the computer, such as on facebook) say and agree with some pretty bizarre, aggressive, even almost violent things. (Then there are those far left friends who amaze me by actually seeing through this craziness and making sense)

I stay out of it 99% of the time. I just watch and SMH. If I pipe in it is only to find some tiny semblance of something of a point that we might agree on, or mention the reality of the claimed "many" as 400 out of 40,000 with siting a source. - things like that.

More and more I just post funny minion memes or kitten pictures. ;-)

This leftist culture is imploding in my opinion. The plan didn't work, and in arrogance they had no plan b, and it is complete chaos now.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

My name is " Mike" I am an ex "J.W" I use the name " The Rebel"

Thats who I am. And i hope my contribution on this site helps those leaving or escaping the J.W organisation.

As for "Bret Weinstein"...well ....I thnk sometimes when we leave the " universe" we explore the " world" and then we come down to " earth". Then we discover the " universe" we lived in was a lie. Sadly. Also it takes years to build a new life, and close the door on the past.

So my advice is if like me, you like football, watch the " Champions League" final tonight( Juventos V Real Madrid) and be grateful you have escaped going to tomorrow's Sunday meetings. Be " SELFISH" enjoy life. Why the hell should you care who the hell "Bret Weinstein" is?

Thats not to say I don't respect, those that have left years ago. In fact, believe me,with these " old timers" ex-JWs we can have "mature" "meaningful" and "adult" conversations. I just think these more "mature" thinkers have come from the healed, and can therefore talk about things I don't understand.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Gotta love the Rubin Report. Dave Rubin's interviews have totally made a difference for me on so many levels. This madness going on at Evergreen is, from what can see, just the tip of the iceberg in a fascist, terroristic movement know as the far left. This country needs to clean out the viral, systemic ideologies ripping itself apart internally. It starts with the youth.

• just fine
    just fine

Having a degree does not mean you had rich parents or even comfortable parents. I know plenty of people who have degrees that paid for school themselves.(myself included) But when you are the one footing the bill you don't fool around with nonsense like this, you literally have no time between school and working. I think the bigger problem is the entitlement these college students are displaying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit