The bridge burning has begun.

by sparrowdown 72 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Kudos to you Sparrow , this is the first day of your life in absolute freedom as to who you really are as a person .

Not living your life as others would have you live it.

Being true to yourself is liberating.

I wish you all the best in the future for being the real you.

Take care

smiddy

• cofty
    cofty
    All I can do is speak and live the truth of who I am

I totally agree. Being authentic is the only way, well done.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Love the replies and support you've gotten here, Sparrow :)

and I've fallen in love with my own blessing to you, so much so that I may use it as a signature quote, lol! But you will always know that I said it to you first...

Stay true to yourself, be happy... and use sunscreen (haha, as per the song.... )

--- "May God, or the universe, or energies or wavelengths or frequencies, or quantum particles that somehow attract things to us, or telepathic manipulation of aliens -- bless you." - Muddy

• done4good
    done4good

Btw...I have been working all night on an issue and not slept in 25+ hours, (and won't be headed home for the foreseeable next several hours)...however this news made my night. Congrats again!

d

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Well dome Sparrow. I promise you you won't regret it. In the end they all love the bOrg more than they ever will you!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Well done Sparrowdown, I hope your life gets less stressful from now on.

As for the expected repercussions, are you going to play by the elders' rules, or just screw their minds up by telling them that you don't wish to confirm or deny anything which someone has claimed you said in a private conversation?

I'd tell them there's nothing to discuss, invoke their two-witness paedophile rule, and slap them in the faces with it!

Happy future for you.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Good for you! It is so empowering to bust right through that fear of man and realize that they really can't do anything to you. In the end they don't respect or love you if you have to be someone you're not just to keep contact with them. The title of a book on dealing with people that suffer from borderline personality disorder is called "Walking On Eggshells" and is a hallmark of ones that deal with people with the disorder. I walked on eggshells most of my life and now I can stomp, run, jump, or anything I want without the worry that something breaks due to it. I'm just me, take me or leave me, and I've found more people willing to take me on now than I ever did in Jehovah's loving happy wonderful "true friends" organization.

You know that example given where a person is in a flood an up on the roof and they pray to God for saving and a boat shows up, a helicopter, and something else, and the person is disappointed because God never came to save them, but in reality he sent them a boat and helicopter and something else? Well, my whole life I never really had friends in the organization. I prayed and prayed and constantly turned down offers to hang out with worldly people because that's not how it was "supposed" to happen right? Now I realize that I had, and passed up, many opportunities for friendship because an isolationist cult led me to to so, and I regret that. I now have more supportive people than ever in my life. There's that scripture that JW's love to use about losing mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters for the sake of his name and how we would gain mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters in the future. Well, it applies to me and NOT in the way the Watchtower intended. I've lost my fleshly family but have gained people that actually care about ME for who I am, not for who they think I am or want me to be.

I'm proud of you. You've taken a brave step.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Way to go Sparrowdown. You are brave and strong! Enjoy the freedom!!!
  • Perry
    Perry

Sparrow Down,

I tried the fade thing for many years. I still had contact with family but it affected me psychologically in ways that were not healthy. My life went nowhere during this period.

Your honesty is refreshing to read about in a place where fading is pretty much the standard opinion that is offered.

As a new Christian, I exercised my Christian freedom and put up a Christmas tree before my parents came to visit one holiday season. I then asked them to show me where honoring Jesus' birthday was wrong when so many other bible characters did it. They just pretended the tree didn't even exist in my living room. I also asked my brother to show me where in the bible that active military duty was a disfellowshipping offence, especially when the very first example of a gentile believer in the bible was an active duty Roman military officer. In recent years I have challenged them to show me even ONE new testament scripture that shows how you can get your sins forgiven outside of the new covenant.

I was 40 years old at the time, divorced; my grown son wouldn't talk to me & had serious addiction issues and I drank too much. I put my faith in Jesus and utterly torched the Watchtower to the ground in front of my family. It was a rush for sure. But, then the task of walking with Jesus began.

Tens years later, I can say that Jesus is faithful, even when we are not at times. I remarried, have two more sons, 8 & 10 year boys who I baptized along with my grown son Spring of last year. My oldest is getting married in December to a young lady who works as an assistant to the pastoral staff at a church. She has had her own struggles coming to Christ. They seem perfect for each other. My oldest son and I are in a successful business together, although live in different cities.

God is good. The Watchtower thrives in darkness and secrecy. Like roaches, when you turn the lights on they run.

My advice is simple, torch the lying whore of a religion the Watchtower is down in front of your loved ones, and walk with Jesus. He'll take you places you've only dreamed about.

• pbrow
    pbrow

All I can do is speak and live the truth of who I am

I don't need the JW's permission to be me, all I needed was to give myself permission

Once you realize the above comments and really KNOW them to be true... The world opens up in spectacular ways for you!

If you really have to fade, then I guess fade but you WILL be locked in a closet. Just remember though that the closet is locked from the inside.

I am extremely happy for you

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit