The bridge burning has begun.

by sparrowdown 72 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I was feeling particularly hopeless about the whole JWs being assholes thing and sick to death of pretending so ...

I rang my sister and told her that I no longer believe JWs have the truth and the phone went silent, when I asked her to say something she just said if that was the case then she would have to hang up on me and then proceeded to indeed hang up.

So I texted her back immediately with FU.

I figured to hell with the consequence, I need to be free, I need to live honestly.

I always imagined I would feel devastated when the time came for me to lay my cards on the table with her and the horrible truth of the witness conditional love was proved beyond a doubt to me, but strangely, I don't feel devastated I feel relieved.

Ok, so it may be the adrenaline talking, but I think many of us would like to believe that our loved ones won't respond like a rabid JW when or if we reveal our true selves to them, and it's very difficult to accept that our loved ones are indoctinated.

But indoctrinated they are, they are under the control of the WT and sadly you cannot reason with an indoctrinated person.

All I can do is speak and live the truth of who I am.

I am realistic though and I know that now the real "fun" is about to kick off as my sister tells everyone she knows about what I said to her. But that's ok, let her, after all "what can man do to me?" I am not afraid of them anymore.

I don't need the JW's permission to be me, all I needed was to give myself permission.

Whoever said that they would rather be hated for who they are than be loved for who they are not was right.

I have decided it no longer sucks to be me.

My thoughts are with anyone who reads this and is going through something similar

• brandnew
    brandnew

GO SPARROW !!!! GO SPARROW !!!! YAAAAAAAY!!!!!!

now pour yourself a tall glass of champaign, and do the bugaloo. Or just shake it like a rock star..😂😂

Congrats on the coming out. Feels like alotta weight being lifted off the shoulders huh? ☺

• done4good
    done4good

Good for you, Sparrow!

The shunning hurts like a bitch, but you will be stronger for it. We are here for you!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Oh, mark my words bn, there will be champagne, and I much prefer going "gangnam style" dancewise, but failing that the chicken dance is always fun after much alcohol!
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Thanks d, I feel stonger already!
  • done4good
    done4good

You should drink to this....If I was not at work fixing a broken network I would have one for you!

d4g

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done!

take control of YOUR life.

As one of our members always says: "the best revenge is living a happy and successful life!"

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Go right ahead d4g, in fact drinks all round.

Hey bartender what are you waiting for splishy-splashy

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Thanks stuck, yes indeed revenge is best served happy!
  • Dissonant15
    Dissonant15

I'm admire your bravery! Remember those thoughts when the impending harassment and then shunning occur. There is great peace in self- acceptance & love.

Every day I am tempted to call my family up and go Rambo on them. I often think it takes more self control to keep calm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit