Screwed up sexually

by purrpurr 40 Replies latest jw friends

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I was thinking about how the Borg screws up and sexually neuters their flock by telling them when single to "deaden their body" and then boom as soon as there's a ring on the finger to not be denying eachother.

Do any of you know of jws who have been screwed up by these teachings? I know 2, 1 elder came back from honeymoon having a nervous breakdown unable to cope with the CD that sex produced in his head. And the other called up her parents while on honeymoon, crying and begging for themto come and get her, since she was so shocked that sex hurt. She endedup moving back in with her parents for quite a while...

It's awful

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, interesting thread purrpurr.

It is indeed a messed up situation when everything to do with sex is WRONG WRONG WRONG before marriage, and then suddenly OK straight after the "I Do".

From childhood on, a JW is told that it is SINFUL. In a growing child's mind, they come to view sex itself, or sexual feelings of any sort as BAD.

There is no doubt that this causes stress in an average JWs mind - and life.

I can remember a situation when a friend of mine (who was NOT born in, but converted in his late 20's) was about to get married. He was asking me and another older brother what acts were ok and what was not! I wasn't even married, so I had no idea!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Do any of you know of jws who have been screwed up by these teachings? - yep.

Me.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Yes.

I was totally wracked with guilt being a girl with a sex drive.

Its so sad the lass who rang home crying on her honeymoon. A therapist could have reassured her it's quite a common problem....with a name; vaginismus, and treatment. I'm going to guess she was Very young. You are so right, we have to go from nun to nympho immediately we marry....and often to a "stranger" effectively.

Of course dubs would never be encouraged to visit a "worldly" therapist about these things.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

There was a rumor a few years ago that WT was telling Bethel couples (and local congregation couples received this rumor, too) that "it would be good to pray to Jehovah right before having intercourse". This was really shocking that the GB has mind-controlled the masses to think that married couples couldn't even have any privacy with each other in their own relationship!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Yet their minds are constantly in the gutter and they assume that unless of are a JW you are a sex obsessed person with no morals.

My son has a girlfriend. They are teenagers. When he tells my mother he is going to her house with friends she gives him the "if you play with fire you will get burnt" speech.

He didn't understand what she meant so I just said "don't worry your grandma has a one track mind". Stopped her in her tracks. Lol

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

This is not unique to JW,s, I had a schoolmate that was a methodist who got married at 18 and on her marriage nite ran away and went home to her mom cause she did not want to do"it"

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

do any of you know of jws who have been screwed up by these teachings?

Yes lots many young JWS teenagers got married in their teens due mostly to sexual desire, of course many also got divorced when it was realized they weren't compatible or mentally mature enough for that kind of relational commitment.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I know of two girls who got married when they were 15 and the JWS guys were either 18 or 19

• TD
    TD

I was thinking about how the Borg screws up and sexually neuters their flock by telling them when single to "deaden their body" and then boom as soon as there's a ring on the finger to not be denying each other.

I would guess that it's especially hard on women inasmuch as it's entirely possible for a JW female to enter into a sexual relationship (i.e. marriage) having never experienced a single orgasm in her life and with only vague notions of how to get there. --And it's very unlikely that her JW husband is going to exactly be a sexual virtuoso either...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit