this is going beyond a joke what do you think?

by nelly1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

I find it a good thing that they have not restricted this kind of garbage to the litterature, but also put it on their website. Now the whole world can see how they think about it. Any slightly interested female will suf their web and go like: WHAT? NOT a good witness I would say.

Greven

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Not totally on topic, but this caught my attention:

A wife can contribute to her husbands ill health if
    she
    prepares foods that are not good for him. Like if he is over weight or
    shouldn't have cakes or such.

Um, could somebody explain to me what this has to do with religious worship?

At the last meeting I attended, the speaker gave a talk on "Education That Brings Glory to God" or something like that. One of his "counsel points" directed at the youths in the audience was in regards to how much math to take in school. "You don't need a lot, just the basics" he said. I sat there thinking, "What????????"

I knew at that point that, as far as my involvement with JW's was concerned, it was time for me to go. Counseling the youths in the audience about how much math is "appropriate" to take in school, I couldn't believe it.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    A wife can contribute to her husbands ill health if she prepares foods that are not good for him. Like if he is over weight or shouldn't have cakes or such.
    One of his "counsel points" directed at the youths in the audience was in regards to how much math to take in school. "You don't need a lot, just the basics" he said.

Amongst other things like oral sex, not having children, not having pets, not getting a college education, not being in sports as a child...

...if they can control these little things in your life, they can control EVERYTHING about your life. It's called dumbing down your audience. Make them question every little move they make so they come to you for advice. The power hungry elders love this! It feed their big fat egos and it allows them to control poor suckers that don't know any better. It's a win-win situation right??? NOT!

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

I thank the guiding force I dont ever have to live under those rules. I gave my soul away to the org. to be this submissive wife!!! Well I reclaim my soul. It stays with me these days. I relish my FREEDOM!!!!

OCW

• dedalus
    dedalus

[quote]"On one occasion, my two boys, aged 12 and 14, asked their stepfather's permission to do something. He immediately refused and then left the room without giving the boys any opportunity to explain why the request was important to them. The boys were ready to cry, and I was speechless. The older boy looked at me and said: 'Mom, did you see what he did?' I answered: 'Yes, I did. But he is still the head of the house, and the Bible tells us to respect headship.' They were good boys and agreed with this, and they calmed down a little. That same evening, I explained things to my husband, and he realized that he had been too authoritarian. He went straight to the boys' room and apologized."[/quote]

• dedalus
    dedalus
    "On one occasion, my two boys, aged 12 and 14, asked their stepfather's permission to do something. He immediately refused and then left the room without giving the boys any opportunity to explain why the request was important to them. The boys were ready to cry, and I was speechless. The older boy looked at me and said: 'Mom, did you see what he did?' I answered: 'Yes, I did. But he is still the head of the house, and the Bible tells us to respect headship.' They were good boys and agreed with this, and they calmed down a little. That same evening, I explained things to my husband, and he realized that he had been too authoritarian. He went straight to the boys' room and apologized."

What a dangerous attitude.

Dedalus

• jgnat
    jgnat

Dedalus and Concerned Mama, I can see why this is so dangerous. That website quotes other authoritative sources. How about all the studies that a child is most likely to be abused or even murdered by a step parent? Their advice is so dangerous and twisted.

The healthiest step families is where the newly inserted parent stays away from any heavy discipline, and focuses on developing a friendship and relationship with the little ones. As a single parent for 20 years, I would never hand over my parental authority to anybody.

• LB
    LB

Boy that outline sounds like a formula for a really crappy marriage. Many guys think they want a wife to be a servant to them, but in reality that bites. Much nicer to have a partnership. Boy if I had made all the decisions then I'd be the one responsible for everything right? That would suck.

• Auntie Flame
    Auntie Flame

Now I KNOW....it sounds like doppelganger training for the Steppford Wives...heheheh

Auntie Flame

• Faraon
    Faraon

I do not believe a word of it!

Not one word!

If I were to judge JWs by my ex-wife JW women would:

Attempt to kill husband for being 5 minutes late to meetings twice in a row. Insist frequently on a new car. Deny sex to her husband for nine months. Take off without notice to Mexico for months at a time. Beat husbands to a bleeding point. Lie to the elders. Have the driveway full of "brothers" which then she would feed the best in the house. Stop going to dances once she got married. Sleep with her mother instead of her husband when mother visits her. Insist on husband taking a shower before having sex. Refuse to learn English. Break furniture, cameras, CD-ROM programs, not work, not wash dishes, not go shopping, not cook more than 5 meals per week. Insist on disciplining 6 month-old children with the rod. Not do cunningulus or even discuss it. Move the children to a rat and gang-banger infested neighborhood. Kick and beat-up husband in front of the neighbors. Become extremely jealous because husband gives flowers to a sister in the hospital. Make husband buy a house by using his pre-marriage retirement funds, so when divorce came it would be considered a gift to the marriage. Stay out of the house overnight without calling and telling husband where she is, etc.

Oh yeah!

I would marry a JW pioneer in a second. The second before hell freezes over.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit