this is going beyond a joke what do you think?

by nelly1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly1
    nelly1

i was talking to a witness who is still in and she said they gave a talk at the hall, about submissive wives and were told that if the husband wants to go somewhere for the holiday and the wife want to go somewhere else she will need to be respectful and do what the husband wants. and she can go on her prefered choice of holiday the following year.....

and she sent me this

The husband is to make all major decisions such as where they will
    live,
    if they will buy a house, where the children will attend school, etc.
    He
    will encourage opinions from his wife and work with her with her
    choices,
    but in the end if any disagreement arises he is to make the decision
    based
    upon what is best for the whole family.
    >
    > He really stressed how a husband needs to know his wife's limatations
    if
    there is strife in the family his prayers will be hindered she must
    serve
    Jehovah according to his arrangements not according to her own desires.
    Each
    family member must show a unselfishness and be a cheerful giver. Acts
    20:
    35; 1 Peter 3:7.
    >
    > The next one was funny and the brother made sure we knew it was
    coming
    from the outline. A wife can contribute to her husbands ill health if
    she
    prepares foods that are not good for him. Like if he is over weight or
    shouldn't have cakes or such. Lots of laugh's on this one. He then
    talked
    about preparing the proper foods and such. I must admitt this is the
    first
    time I heard this one. The speaker had a good laugh over it as well
    since he
    was rather pudgy himself.
    >
    > The last point was the importance of communicating. How its so
    important
    between parents and children as well as husband and wife. Communication
    should be personal communication not just general conversatiuon and
    certainly not be carried on between commercials on t.v. or a game on
    the
    radio or any other activity that can divert one's attention.
    >

what next???

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

This is precisely the JW view of married life - it might sound like a joke, but it isn't very funny when you are living it.

I am surprised they left out the bit about the wife "rendering her due". That has to be a JW husbands favorite quote.

Bleeeuuughhgh.

• greven
    greven

These talks are obviously written by elderly men that think the only purpose God created females was to serve them! Welcome back to the middle ages! Yugh!

Greven

• Francois
    Francois

So the guy gets to make all the secondary descision like, "where they will live, if they will buy a house, where the children will attend school, etc." The wife gets to make all the really important descisions, like a) should we re-admit Taiwan to the United Nations, b) should universities be permitted to consider race when making admissions decisions, c) others like this. (Runs for Exit)

francois

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

My goodness. Isn't that a hoot!

What I love about such posts, are the replies quickly typed in behind it.

Fe2O3girl: the wife "rendering her due". That has to be a JW husbands favorite quote. That indecipherable comment or word at the very end nailed the spike in the wall, and I almost spilt my coffee because it caused me to burst out laughing(Bleeeuuughhgh) LMAO

Greven: These talks are obviously written by elderly men that think the only purpose God created females was to serve them! Welcome back to the middle ages! Yugh! LOL, that was so funny, but oh so true!

Francois: You crack me up something fierce. You certainly know how to stir the pot.

Nelly....I hope you get to pick the vacations around the household. Aren't you glad you're not part of the audience taking it in with a bucket of salt?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Who are they kidding? The wives run the show in most cases at the Hall. The more powerful the Elder the tougher the wife usually is. Again it is an example of misdirection. The GB has emasculated the brotherhood. Little or no facial hair, weak and soft voices, mild and whimpy men. They all talk tough about headship but most of the ones I dealt with were terrified of their wives! And if the women put the word out that a brother was abusive, he was toast! And single brothers a clueless about over half of what is going on in the Hall! Maverick

• Mary
    Mary

"...A wife can contribute to her husbands ill health if she prepares foods that are not good for him..."

Ya, but she can always use the excuse, she didn't know that Anthrax in his meatballs wasn't good for him.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I remember being a teenage and my father eating a big fat steak and mashed potatoes (which we didn't have often) and a big plate of cake and ice cream after dinner. Later that night when he had indigestion he got all pissed at my mom for cooking him a meal so rich. Like she was holding a gun to his head forcing him to eat all that freakin' food! (As some of you may know, I firmly believe my father is an undiagnosed bi-polar or MPD sufferer.) That was years ago. But my step-mother has told me since then that he accuses her of trying to kill him. I know this sounds really strange, but if I find it almost humorous that he thinks that. No other woman in the world would be a servant to him the way my step-mom is. Nobody loves him the way my step-mom does. *shaking head* She's told me her life would fall apart should anything happen to him. Does this sounds crazy to anyone else??? Ugh. I'm so glad I'm out of that house.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Is this talk one of the ones for a local congregation or a talk that everyone all over the world gets?

Any "worldly" woman who is thinking of marrying a Jehovah's Witness should have to hear that. She should also have to read that chapter in one of the books (Family Life?) about the "submissive wife". Is that the life she wants?

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

For a long time, I have suspected that my wife is trying to kill me with perogies and sour cream.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit