No Longer a JW Expert But Starting to Figure Out Life

by AllTimeJeff 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I always enjoy your posts. I like no longer being an expert anymore. I like that it is becoming just an incidental part of my life (like when I nearly drowned at age 9-but I barely remember it anymore).

Getting over it sure beats the alternative, but no one gets over a long entrenched disease overnight.

• krismalone
    krismalone

Nice to hear from you again. I have enjoyed your insightful posts about your Gilead and missionary experience, your lifestory going through the ranks, the situation with your late brother, your wife....all were very revealing about the toxic environment the jw cult produces. When we hear the testimony of those in special positions, it confirms that the problem is not with the doubts or that we're evil and we need to adjust our thinking but instead the problem is with the cult leaders.

Thank you for your contribution to those that are trying to heal from the JW cult.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Hello Jeff,

I remember you back when you were still posting here back in 2009. Good to see you back even if it is only to pop in and say hi.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Glad to hear from you again Jeff and that you are doing well , take care.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Hello, nice to hear your insights and update!! Thank you. May life go well for you

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

...I don't have a whole lot to offer on what the current teachings are from the deluded idiots running the place. But I do have some years of healing and growing. I will try to share if it seems appropriate. :smile: Peace and love to you all.

I find this part of your post precious. Thank you for sharing and caring for the ones still in.

• freddo
    freddo

Keep posting!

I endorse what scratchme 1010 says and add I love the nautical comment you made of "Bullshit Boat" which I shall add to another poster's "Ship of Fools" and the hopeful "Titanic". as a description for GB 2.0 and all their little "Helpers".

• carla
    carla

Hey Jeff! glad to see you posting, you helped me a lot when my jw first joined up. Still thankful for your help, carla

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Very well said.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I think I got this part figured out, I think.....

The best revenge is recovery and finding a new life for yourself. JW's aren't the only group that does this to people. Entire political systems (see, North Korea) also are aimed at taking away individuality. Thus, be yourself. They lose.

GB versions 1.0 and 2.0 had as their biggest weapon the control of the message. Everything NOT THEM is WORLDLY! (BOO!)

YOU are worth as much as you'll ever be, HERE at the Kingdom Hall.

THEY look like they're having fun NOW, but remember, THIS LIFE ISN'T ALL THERE IS.

However, you should offer as a sacrifice YOUR LIFE NOW, to ensure you get a BETTER LIFE in the FUTURE.

No wonder the hurt and the weak are the ones attracted to this. It's easier just to be spoon fed than to figure this out for yourself.

The real truth is this: YOU and I are the only way to beat GB 2.0, simply by being the best versions of ourselves, our talents, gifts, unique points of view, etc. That's my goal anyway....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit