My First Motor Bike..

by Englishman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

..was a 1949 BSA A7. Look at the rear suspension! Note also the separate engine and gear-box.

I bought it in 1962 when I was 16 years old from Brother Ray Mitchell in the Feltham Congregation.

I haven't ridden a motorbike since I was in my twenties, suddenly, I'm getting the urge again...

Is there a cure for this?

Englishman.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Do you happen to know Ray Descomb---he was an elder with a love for the motor bike?lives in Dagenham-is out also

• Dansk
    Dansk

Englishman,

Why do I get the feeling you're trying to take us all for a ride on this one?

• freeman
    freeman

Just one thing to consider old bean: A car has a bumper, when you ride a bike, YOU ARE THE BUMPER.

Have fun but be safe.

Freeman

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Englishman I hear ya.

I'm getting the impression from reading people's posts on this board, talking in chat and corresponding via email, that the only way to go to an apostafest is on a Harley ! LOL

• dmouse
    dmouse

My first bike was a Suzuki GT185 which was a real nipper. Then I proceeded to have a Suzuki GS 750 which was awsome.

I've also had a Kawasaki Z1000, and 750, a Yammy 250 and Honda CBX550.

That was a long time ago. But like you I'm starting to get the urge again (at the age of 41) and am thinking of getting an old Suzuki 750.

I went to the bike show in Birmingham this year and most of the people there were my age or older. Seems like motorcycling has become more of an old man's hobby! (Young uns can't afford to buy and run 'em anymore).

dmouse, itching to get back on the road but has had credit card confiscated class.

• dmouse
    dmouse

Oh, I found a picture of me on my favourite bike, the Z1000:

This was taken in 1985, my God don't I look young!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

E-man, sweet!

I would really love to find a deal on a 60's era bsa. I think the early Japanese bikes are starting to seem worthy too:

• JAVA
    JAVA

I love bikes, too. My last bike was a Honda Super Hawk (305cc engine) in the mid 1960s. I still look at them, but might settle for a red-convertible sports car--they have bumpers, and I can put the top up when it rains.

• riz
    riz

hi JAVA! it's great to see you around i hope all is well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit