My First Motor Bike..

by Englishman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

English,

Is there a cure for this?

Outside of death or a serious accident, I would say NO. My dad loved riding bikes. I love riding bikes. It's a gene thing like the color of your eyes. Go for it, before your too old a fart to do it. JamesT

• Valis
    Valis

Eman...cool ride...did you take it on return visits? *LOL*

James...too late on the old fart thing...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• JAVA
    JAVA

Nice seeing you, riz--and many others, too. I don't post much, but enjoy seeing some old friends. I'm also trying to figure out Simon's new format.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Mouthy,

Sorry, don't know that fella!

6 o' 9,

Honda Dream! Gosh, I remember those, a 250 cc could take on a Brit 500 as I recall.

I eventually finished up with an old Triumph Tiger Cub, however my parents were so frantic with worry about me riding motorbikes that they helped me to buy my first car which was a ........:

alt

Standard Ensign.

Wow, I felt so cool owning one of these at 17.

Englishman.

• animal
    animal

First, let me make it VERY clear that I like all bikes.... and have owned many makes. I just prefer Harleys.

You aint lived till you rode 600+ miles in a downpour, just to get somewhere on a deadline.

I have built several bikes, most of you saw my '47 chopper.... but I dont know who saw this one. I built it from a full dressed Harley I smashed into a car, head on:

Many people that never rode or drove a bike are misinformed about the danger. I give rides all the time to "first timers" and most of them enjoy it. Bikes are as safe as the driver.

Animal

• Francois
    Francois

Hey Englishman, how many peddle-pushes did you have to stroke to go a mile in that Ensign?

That's really a joke isn't it? More of your twisted Brit humor, what? You cut that picture out of its wrapper and supered it on the background, right?

C'mon, you can tell us. We're all friends here.

francois

• Englishman
    Englishman
    That's really a joke isn't it? More of your twisted Brit humor, what? You cut that picture out of its wrapper and supered it on the background, right?

Ah, well yes, but the Ensign was my introduction into adulthood. It was where I learned the delights of finger pie, that was when you couldn't get DF'd for anything other than full-blown intercourse (anal with the family German Shepherd was just a sign of immaturity back then) and besides, it had a bench seat!!!

Englishman.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This is me on my bad a$$ hog...right before I ran these two punks into the pond...it was funny...you had to be there!

• riz
    riz

rotflmao @ joanna

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

ROTFLMAO @ Joanna

Ah the memories .. my first bike had a 49cc motor (old postman bike) It was slower than a bicycle and didn't even need to be registered. HondaCB200 came next, then a Norton750Commando, a Kwaka900 and now, like englishman i just dream of falling off a brand new 2003Midlife Crisis :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit