Is everyone on this Web Board a Jehovah's Witness Basher?

by sandy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear Sandy: Most of the friends here do not hate the Witnesses. Many have family and acquaintances that are active Witness. I personally feel a lot of concern for the enslaved ones. And yes I do mean enslaved. The Governing Body in Brooklyn and their minions have enslaved the brotherhood and work very hard to keep them that way. It is these ones who are the targets of almost all the negative comments you will see here. There are many, many "Sauls" out there in the WatchTower world that hopefully someday will have their eyes opened and become"Pauls"! Yours in finding the "Truth" Maverick

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Hi SandyWelcome aboard, and,

No, I do not bash JWs, never have. I have bashed some people who just so happed to BE JWs, basiclly for being pots (me being the kettle)

I have bashed the Society, quite often. Not only online but mostly off-line and in person. I have a reputation among those in various KHs of being a little to opinionated and out-spoken. So for the most part, I drifted away from most of them and stopped attending meetings sometime ago.

I live in a secutiry building so they can't make sheparding calls, and changed my phone number.

There is one neighbor of mine in this complex who is a JW, active, but she belongs to a diferent congergation (in the same KH) and we only chat in the laundry-room. She keeps my business private as for as I know.

I have known some truly good people, and still do, who are JWs.

I've known, and still do, some real assholes who are JWs.

plum

• Carmel
    Carmel

Sandy welcome! You say you are against anyone "bashing" your religion or anyone elses. I agree with you totally. That is one of the reasons I left the JUU's many years ago because they spent so much energy bashing the pope, catholicism and all other religions. I had to get "out" to find out for myself what the reality was and quickly I found that the other religions were not nearly as evil as the Society pounded into me/us and that an honest appraisal of the JWs was that for anything they accused other religions of being, they manifested the same qualities, only denyed it. So, for what it's worth, getting a perspective of the JUU's can't be done when you are emersed in it.

wishing you the best in resolving your turmoil.

carmal

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Sandy:

Welcome, I raised my two children in the Truth and regret it everyday. My husband was raised in it also. I don't hate the people just the lies in the organization

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome, Dear Sandy, Can you see how friendly, open and welcoming these people are? Can you see how they have taken the time to reach out to you. Much is being said here, without words. As someone mentioned earlier, you seem to have some soul searching to do. You have already begun, or you would not be here. I suggest taking walks and hikes in nature, and spending time not thinking so much as feeling what it is like to be alive. Ask your silent heart: "what is true?" Is there a god who will kill me if I do not love him? Is it humanly possible for me to truly love what kills? Is Truth/God more far reaching than such idea's? Don't ask your mind and it's beliefs, ask your heart, that place in you from which life and love comes. We have many answers already within us, if we just silently listen. JamesT

• joelbear
    joelbear

I try very hard not to bash, but simply to point out where I stand in relation to policy, doctrine and behavior of the org and of JWs.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sandy, I see you are still undecided how involved you will be on this board, and that is OK. I am compelled, however, to respond to your original question. I do not bash individual Witnesses. I do challenge the doctrines and policies of the Watchtower Society, because I believe that they injure people and families. The shunning doctrine for instance, takes a terrible toll on families, wrenching them apart.

So I do not bash Jehovah's Witnesses. I challenge the organization.

• sandy
    sandy

Eppie,

please email me at [email protected]

We are in the same boat. You seem like just the person I was hoping to find on here. I also replied to your "elders" topic, please read it and reply to me.

Take Care,

Sandy

• Eppie
    Eppie

Hi Sandy,

I will most definitely reply to you! You have to wait a few more hours though, I have a dinner now and then a party. And sorry to say this but I am a bit scared to email you from my email address, so I will just make another one (say [email protected] if it is still available, and then I will email you!

Love,

Eppie

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Sandy,

It's wrong to bash other people. Most on this board have nothing bad to say about the individuals among the JW ranks. Most of Jw's are very sincere people.

If you continue to read, you will realize that the problem lies not with the people but with the teaching and structure of this organization.

If you give yourself enough time to read and research you wil com to realize like most of us that the Watchtower org. is not based on the truth. This is not God's organization. This is a cult. But you have to convince of that yourself. You ought it to yourself and to your future children.

I urge you to educate yourself. You might start by reading Ray Franz's "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom". These are objective books that will give you insight on this organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit