Is everyone on this Web Board a Jehovah's Witness Basher?

by sandy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

I grew up in the religion and was baptized at.............supposedly the most important day in our lives and I cannot remember how old I actually was, anyways...... I believe it was 13 or 14. I was never disfellowshipped. I have a "worldly" boyfriend whom I love dearly, and I no longer attend the "meetings". I do not disagree with the organization entirely; in fact I am not even sure if I disagree with it at all. I was very involved in the congregation from the time I was 12 years old to about 18. Then I slowly but surly began to shy away. Now I am really confused. I know I have no intention of going back any time soon but I wonder if and when I marry and have children if I will change my mind. I am not on this cite looking for people to talk me out of or into going back, I just do not have any friends that can understand completely the things that weigh on my mind. I am hoping to make new acquaintances or friends that can relate to me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

SANDY

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think you will find a mixture of people here, but not so many dubs though due to their fear of web sites such as this. You talk about confusion... well many people are confused when they come here, and leave with things a lot clearer.

Enjoy!

• Jesika
    Jesika

Hi Sandy,

I just wanted to say welcome to the board. I won't say anything pro or against the JW's to you, but I would suggest you stick around and read the info here. I have made alot of friends here. Whatever you decide to do with your life or religious beliefs is a personal decision, but you are amoung people who understand what you are going through. I hope you give this place a chance.

Hope to see you around the board,

Love,

Jesika

• happyout
    happyout

To answer the question in your subject line, I think the answer is no, not everyone. You will even see some "active" so called Jehovah's Witnesses, like SwordofJah, who post to this "apostate" site. The majority of people here are people who have been hurt by this religion, whose families have been torn apart (some never to be healed), and people who have suffered abuse at the hands of the leaders of this religion. You will see people like yourself, who, while no longer active members, still believe it to be the "truth". If you think of anyone who says anything against the organization as a "basher", you will find a lot of them here.

What may be more important is, are the people here speaking the truth? Are their experiences real? Is their research correct? That to me is a way to determine if they are "bashing", is what they are saying untrue? If it is true, than how can it be "bashing"?

Me personally, I am one who speaks the truth from my perspective. I don't believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are the "true" religion. I don't know that I believe there is one true religion. Anything I say that may be taken as "bashing" will be the absolute truth, so you will have to make your own decisions about what you believe. This board can be educational if you have an open mind, and you will learn a lot that you may not have known.

Welcome!

Happyout

• Simon
    Simon

I don't think everyone is a JW basher but I think there are a lot of WTS bashers and there is an important destinction.

We don't hate the people, who are largely good people but misled, except for a few individuals who knowingly use their power and authority to hurt others. We do not like the organisation that seems to be very nasty and vindictive (as organisations go)

Welcome to the forum BTW !

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Welcome to the board!

As far as your question goes, I guess it depends on what you mean by "basher". I love JW's, but I have come to believe that the JW religion is not very good for people. I, like you, struggled for quite a while, but as you will find you can only stay on the fence for so long. There are many things about JW's & the WT that I was unaware of when I was actively involved in the organization. Check out www.freeminds.com, yes it is an "apostate" site but you may find it very enlightening if you are willing to take a look.

Take off your coat and stay a while. We won't run to the elders if you post something that goes against JW beliefs.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi Sandy:

Not everyone here is a JW Basher. If they do bash, it is because they have been hurt by the org. and this is their way of letting loose.

You sound like you have made a life away from the organization. If you want to have a "normal" life, and a "normal" life for your children one day.......do some real research in the religion you grew up in. Remember, if you decide to go back and become an active witness once more, you will be required to raise your children as you were raised. And, if those children grow up and do not want to be part of the JW religion, you will be required to shun them. And thus, the cycle starts all over again.

Do yourself a favor......be kind to others, and enjoy life. What more could God want?

Keep posting.

Mrs. Shakita

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome Sandy!

Baptism is the first step in becoming an XJW - you're doing fine!

Are you asking if the defective WTS teachings that aren't good enough for you will be suitable for your innocent, naive and gullible children who will be looking to you for guidance in their formative years?

What do you think?

I suggest you sit down for a few moments and make a list of what you remember of the WTS teachings - then list all the reasons that the teaching is true. That way the list will be rather short.

By the way, no fair including doctrines that the JWs share with other religions and with atheists (atheists don't believe in christmas or hell either).

Keep the list to just unique, JW specific beliefs, like the belief that Adam was created in the fall of 4026 BCE, and that Jesus did something invisibly in 1874 - errr, make that 1914, and that in 1925 the fiathful men of old would be resurrected from their graves in the Middle East and be inclined to move into a mansion in San Diego, California (Maybe they were all closet surfers?) Don't forget to add that 1975 was Adam's 6,000th birthday and a really very special year.

I think you get the idea.

And to answer your question: YES, EVERYONE on this board is a JW basher, and YOU can be one too!

- Nathan Natas, UADNA (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

• musky
    musky

Sandy, Welcome!

• Gerard
    Gerard

Hi! I suggest you educate yourself a bit further. Take a few days to study Freeminds.org site and Quotes. If then you still want to indulge in serious...

...then go ahead, but please, spare your unborn children from this cult.

Respectfuly,

Gerry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit