Is everyone on this Web Board a Jehovah's Witness Basher?

by sandy 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Buster
    Buster

Definitely no. (And Welcome Sandy)

Tell you what, try it out. Start a new thread on some topic on which you would like to speak to people that understand. Make sure to restate you position - not looking for a bashing session. I think you can expect that the majority of replies will be from anti-WTS folks. But you'll attract reasoned, balanced opinions on just about an JW-related topic.

I'm certain you'll find a sympathetic ear from people that have been there.

• TR
    TR

Hi Sandy.

You said;

I know I have no intention of going back any time soon but I wonder if and when I marry and have children if I will change my mind.

Better inform your significant other that you have leanings toward this religion. Wouldn't be fair to get married, have children, then tell your hubby that you want to go back to being a 'hovah. That could really srew up your life and his, not to mention the kids.

TR

• Beans
    Beans

NO WERE JUST STRAY SHEEP!

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Beans

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Actualy we`re WBTS bashers..JW`s who condone WBTS corruption are a close second...OUTLAW

• Swan
    Swan

WELCOME SANDY!

Do you mean JW basher as in gay basher? I would never advocate violence against any group, in fact, many of my family and other people I care about are JW. I extend courtesy to all JW people I happen to meet, even though they may not do the same to me. Do I speak out about my experiences and am I critical of the JW faith where, IMO, I see hypocrisy? Yes. In such ways I don't feel that I am bashing, but I am contradicting much of what I was taught growing up. Dissent is not bashing. I think you will find there is a broad range of folks here, and most respect the others right to an opinion. It doesn't mean we are intolerant of each other, just that we respect each other's right to agree on some subjects and disagree on others.

Hope to hear more from you. It sounds like you have quite a story to tell.

Tammy

• Sargon
    Sargon

LOL@ Gerard,

Welcome Sandy,

Personally I like a lot of witnesses, even love some. I detest religion in general, and in particular the WTS. Basher, no. Welcome to the world of free and open discussion.

Steve.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Baaaa! Baaaa!

Look....we are in Paradise....the humans don't want to eat or skin us! Thank you Jehovah!!

• sandy
    sandy

Thank you everyone for your replies. i must admit I am a little scared to continue on in this cite. I will though for now anyways. I am not in agreement with putting down my religion or any other religion for that matter. I would never imagine going out in fron of an assembly hall and protesting the witnesses. I know there are faults in the religion but, I believe the majority of them to be good-hearted people. I am not in search of a new religion either, I actually have doubts about being involved in any religion. I try to live my life as a good moral person. I have had somewhat of a bad experience in the religion like most people on here I guess. Though I am not sure if that is what pushed me away. i believe myself to be strong-minded and capable of remaining on this web-cite without one day becoming the apostate person I've seen all my life outside the assembly hall protesting us and trying to save us. The reason I said I am a little scared is because I have been taught and it has been deeply put in my mind that talking to persons such as many on this cite will be very spiritually harmfull. I do beleve in God and the Devil and I can't help but think maybe I am inviting a demonic presence in my life just as the Witnesses warned.

Like I said I am not interested in uncovering the faults in the JW religion, I am just looking for an understanding heart.

In response to somebody on here advising me to inform my boyfriend of my thoughts about maybe some day going back...Thank you... I have talked to him about in in great depth. We talk about religion often. We both doubt religion but deep down respect the honest hearted people who truly do believe in it. He was raised a catholic. I am well aware as he is, of the problems we we place upon any children we may have. I know I need to make a decision soon, My biological clock will start ticking in the next few years....

• Swan
    Swan

Dear Sandy,

Please don't judge everyone here with the "Apostate" label. Some here are very devoted and dedicated to Jehovah, but not necessarily the Watchtower Society. This does not make them apostate any more than the people who left the teachings of Russell to follow Rutherford. Apostate is by dictionary definition someone who has left a former belief. We are not evil, (well, most of us aren't, he he) and we are not all out to destroy the Watchtower society. I personally would like to see them change a few things, but that is just me.

Thank you everyone for your replies. i must admit I am a little scared to continue on in this cite. I will though for now anyways. I am not in agreement with putting down my religion or any other religion for that matter. I would never imagine going out in fron of an assembly hall and protesting the witnesses. I know there are faults in the religion but, I believe the majority of them to be good-hearted people. I am not in search of a new religion either, I actually have doubts about being involved in any religion. I try to live my life as a good moral person. I have had somewhat of a bad experience in the religion like most people on here I guess. Though I am not sure if that is what pushed me away. i believe myself to be strong-minded and capable of remaining on this web-cite without one day becoming the apostate person I've seen all my life outside the assembly hall protesting us and trying to save us. The reason I said I am a little scared is because I have been taught and it has been deeply put in my mind that talking to persons such as many on this cite will be very spiritually harmfull. I do beleve in God and the Devil and I can't help but think maybe I am inviting a demonic presence in my life just as the Witnesses warned.

I also don't think the demons are here on this site. I think a few make fun of it (a particular pic of Valis springs to mind ) but I haven't seen anyone since I have been here that I would call truly demonic. Mostly, I see ordinary people here who need to talk about their experiences as JWs. I even know some protesters, but I truly believe they are protesting for good changes.

The elders sometimes cover up cases of pedophilia and don't report it even though the law requires it. My friends protested that, and I applaud them for it. Let Jehovah handle it, yes, through the person of authority that he has allowed to be in charge. The Watchtower itself recognizes the need for secular governments. It became a NGO (Non Governmental Organization) member of the United Nations from 1991 - 2000. The Watchtower tells us to be in subjection to the courts and the worldly governments, yet does not allow the police and courts to handle certain criminal matters. That is what some here are protesting. I don't see anything wrong with trying to make changes for the better. If a JW is a pedophile and abuses children, it should be reported to the police, and the congregation will then be rid of the matter and it's children will be safe again. That just seems like common sense to me.

So I don't see my friends here as evil. I know some people are angry, but if you ask them why, you may understand that they have been deeply hurt. I try not to judge them for that. Some people here I have met in person. They are elders, Bethelites, pioneers, and the like. I even read a book (Crisis of Conscience) by a member of the governing body (Raymond Franz) through visiting this site, though I have never had the privilege of meeting the man.

Believe me, it is not our job to witness to you or try and convert you. I don't do that anymore. I just had enough of that when I was a JW. So stay if you like and be strong-minded. I would rather talk to a strong minded person who says her piece than someone who parrots everything someone else says.

i believe myself to be strong-minded and capable of remaining on this web-cite without one day becoming the apostate person

So welcome, have a good time here, but don't let the angry people bother you.

Tammy

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    without one day becoming the apostate person I've seen all my life outside the assembly hall protesting us and trying to save us.

You will find very few of the convention picketing variety of ex-jw's on this site. At one time I assumed that everybody who left JW's became evangelical "Yahoo Jesus" Christians like the ones picketing conventions. Turns out I assumed wrong, most ex's are just everyday people who got sick of all the pressure and guilt.

I do hope you stick around.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit