What Are Your Goals For The Memorial Season?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you notice what you should do regarding the Memorial? You should get the numbers up. Then, we can say, "Look at all the prospective sheep in the world. We have to save them, before it's too late!"

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I'm going to sit at home on my fat ass...and probably be typing away on this forum. Then, in honor of Nisan 14...I'll go test drive a Nissan 350ZX...hey, the plant is only about 5 miles from here.

After that, I'll get drunk...then when wife comes home from koolaid and cheezit meeting...Maybe I'll get laid too.

Coon

• archangel01
    archangel01

Hey DAWN,

That's what I do too, thanks for the real date.I'll have to go to the local store and buy the bread and wine

• minimus
    minimus

I know of an anointed married couple that get DISCOURAGED everytime the Memorial season comes.....Nobody believes tey are truly anointed.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

the memorial falls on my bday this year! needless to say i'll be partying it up :) woohoo

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Minimus...are you going ? Need a ride? I'm buying a hawg, so I can get invited to an apostafest, and I'd be happy to swing by and pick ya up and drop ya off !

DantheMan.... Does that make you a misanthropist ?

LOL @ logansrun. Are you serving appetizers ? Red wine and crackers perhaps. Hey live on the edge, add a little cheese !

My goal by that date is to be up over 1 post a day average !

xjw_b12 of the " making up for lost time " class

• undercover
    undercover
    Nissan 14th will fall on April 17th - but there's no guarantee that's when the memorial will be. Last year they held the memorial on a day that was actually Nissan 15th or 13th (can't remember which direction now but it was off a day). I questioned that when my mom invited me last year - never did get a good explanation except it had something to do with how their calculations of the calendar were more accurate than the Jews calculation of their OWN calendar so the jews were celebrating passover on the wrong day (bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) ..........seriously - that's the answer I got.

The day started at sundown for the Jewish calender. That way I guess it could still be a day earlier on our calender but by midnight everything would coincide again. I'm not sure on that, but in my brain it makes sense. I'm sure somebody can explaing it better or correct me if I'm wrong.

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

As always, I refuse to participate in the big, giant headcount!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Memorial...?

Who died?

GentlyFeral

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Well, I plan on definately missing this event. I will be partaking of alchohol and good friendship at my best friends house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit