First time caller, long time lurker

by Gollum 36 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Welcome, Gollum. I look forward to more of your non-lurking activity. I'm in that same 3rd generation category. Glad to be gone and to have found a place with kindred spirits.

Coon

• blondie
    blondie

Welcome, Gollum. So "precious" has a sting that comes with it. I personally see value yet in the Bible for living a loving, giving life with other humans. I stay away from prophecies since the WTS and others are constantly "adjusting" their past interpretations to fit current events.

I too am a fadeaway, but more recent than you. I too worry about identification. Just be cautious.

The recent campaign to contact the inactive is a 3-month one, January, February, March, and the elders were "ordered" to do it by the WTS at the most recent elders' school. Too many are fading away. Of course, it coincides with the period just before April 16. I wonder if the elders will stop in April since they weren't ordered to do it then?

Welcome and we look forward to the spice and lift all new people add to JWD.

Blondie(for the brighter light)

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Hey Gollum...Glad to have you posting! You do have a pleasant wit about you. I'm second generation, my Dad has been in since 1950 and is still an Elder. I know what your trying to avoid, Tinkerbell and I tried to fade too, but didn't quite escape the Gestopo and ended up DA'ing in '99. I'm not shunned by any of my family, but Tink has two Bro's and two Sis's that do. We've learned to look at it this way...If they knowingly want to trust their lives in the WTS way of life, after all the exposing information about them tells you to run the other way, then so be it..we try to act civil when running into them in public, even though we always get a cold response and sometimes no response at all. One of her Bro's takes it seriously, the other Bro keeps getting DF'ed and going back, and her two Sis's just can't break off with the great social aspect of it. They stay active but probably couldn't expain even the basics of their beliefs.

Anyway.......WELCOME!!!!!!!!

CC

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I won't be the last to greet you Gollum, welcome and enjoy your stay.

Guest 77

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

call me fancy pants:

Plus, I like to think of myself as a connoisseur of weirdness, and boy, you could snort some of the pure stuff at a hall

LMAO!!!!! Unfortunately, I was one of the weird ones!!

• wasasister
    wasasister

Haven't been around much myself, so let me belatedly add my welcomes to the rest.

If you do get into a political discussion with Francois, give me a buzz. I'd be on your side. (ie: not all the evils in the USA can be attributed directly to Bill and/or Hillary)

My daughter is a faithful Dub, married to an MS, so I must be circumspect about my identity as well. I sometimes envy those who can be completely open, such as putting up loads of outdoor lighting at Christmas. But you do what you must to help and protect the people you care about.

Glad to have you here. Keep posting.

Wasa

• onacruse
    onacruse

Welcome, Gollum. The WTS has changed a lot since 1950, hasn't it? Way weirder than it was then, and it was way were even then.

Craig

• onacruse
    onacruse

...way weirder even then.

hehe, until the edir feature returns, I'm gonna have to learn to proofread my posts!

Craig

• onacruse
    onacruse

...edit feature.

LOL, I give up!

• outnfree
    outnfree

(Allow me, Craig: that's *edit* not "edir" feature. LOL )

Welcome to the Board, Gollum!

I'm gonna love having you around!

outnfree

(So explain this "Golum" thing, please?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit