Jehovah's Witnesses Can Go To Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Big Tex 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I need someplace to vent, so excuse me but I am very angry at the moment.

As most of you know, my father in law committed suicide last Sunday (the 16th). His death hit Nina hard, but I've discovered this week that my sweet little kitten of a wife has the heart of a lion. When the elder who oh so arrogantly sat on Bill's judicial committee (and rode him mercilessly the past 18 months) called in mock sympathy, Nina tore him a new one. Word spread quickly and no other Witness called. Last night a Witness friend whom Nina has known for nearly 30 years, and was very close to Bill, stopped by with a cheesecake and announced that she wouldn't attend the memorial service because she was going to drive to her daughter's house to see her sonogram (her daughter also owns a spa, so this woman will be getting a manicure, pedicure and whatever else goes on at spas).

Nina wanted to have a memorial service at Bill's retirement home because he had many friends there and they were the only people who really cared about him. She didn't want some outline talk at a KH with JWs in attendance sending out fake sympathy. Her attitude is that the Witnesses didn't give a damn about him, sat in judgment on him, so the memorial service would only be for family and friends who Bill cared about, or who cared about Bill. She also wanted those who knew Bill best to say a few words about Bill; what he meant to them, how he impacted their life, etc.) and that included the residents of Bill's retirement home. One of the residents very humbly and quietly asked her if she would mind if he sang a song. He was a close friend of Bill's (not a JW) and Bill's death was close to his heart. Naturally Nina was touched and agreed.

I just got off the phone with our best friend (he's a JW elder) who told us that he not only will not say anything at the service, but he will not even attend. Why? He has several problems. 1) we won't let him use the funeral outline talk (approved by God's spirit directed organization); 2) we are allowing "worldy" people to say anything they want; and 3) we are letting this "worldly" man sing Amazing Grace at a memorial service. "Don't you know that's a religous song from Babylon the Great?" he said. This is what I got angry about: "I can't believe you would let this go on at Bill's service when he is in heaven (Bill partook of the emblems). Do you want to get him angry? I can't show up with this type of nonsense going on." He said he would attend only if "this guy" sang this horrible religous Babylonian song before or after he spoke.

If you knew my friend, he is a good man and he would never talk this way about anyone let alone someone he considers family. But he has talked this over with the CO (he's visting them this week) and these are clearly the CO's words. He also told us that he would not come to the internment (it is for family and he was absolutely included) because he "forgot" and had a previously rehearsal (for what?) during that time. Nina and I talked it over and she called him back and told him that this was her father's service and she would do as she wanted and not what Jehovah's Witnesses wanted.

Oh what a loving organization full of kind, gentle and loving people! Bill was in this congregation for 3 years. When he was in the hospital, no one called or went to see him. When he was depressed and lonely no one invited him out or asked after him. After 50 years of service he made one mistake and was instantly DF'd. No one would even look at him, much less talk to him. Now he is dead. These same people turn up their nose at a memorial in his honor. Jehovah's Witnesses are exclusive.

Oh how evil and wicked "worldy" people are in these last days! Bill lived in his retirement home for 18 months. When he was in the hospital, his friends at there called and were concerned. His friends were worried about his drinking. When he was depressed and lonely, he was invited out; he was included. A regular group was started, because of Bill's lonliness, to go out and eat regularly. He was popular and was asked if he wanted to run for president of the resident's association (he died before he could). After 54 years of marriage, he made one mistake and these evil and wicked worldly people understood it was because of caregiving his wife's Alzheimer's for 10 years on his own; they understood and did not sit in judgment on him. Now he is dead. These same people have approached us and very humbly and graciously asked if they could say something about their friend, so many in fact that director met with Nina to expand the service and to determine the order of people speaking. These people are inclusive.

When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me." Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, "When did we give you something to eat or drink? When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you while you were sick or in jail?" The king will answer, "Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me." -- Matthew 25:35-41

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

(((((Dear Big Tex)))))) My happy thoughts are with you......

With all due respect I'm sure your Father in law wouldn't even want these two-faced self-righteous people there. I'm sure it would mean so much to have his TRUE friends there.

I do not pray, but I will think positive for you

Jana

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((((((((((Bix Tex & Cruz)))))))))))))))))))))

plese go ahead and vent. <wiping tears from eyes> Please do what Nina wants for her father, she will never regret it.

It is very horrifying to see how "loving" the "brotherhood" really is. May you two support each other through this sad occasion and may your true friends show you support.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Valis
    Valis

Big Tex...welcome to the club my friend...JWs ruined my gradfather's funeral (my most favorite person of all time)...they got up and said all that crap even though he told them to go get stuffed long long ago...I feel for you and cruzan...and I've already expressed some feelings over the phone...you gots my digits if you need to call. Oh and tell them that your OB will give them a Theocratic foot in the ass if they need a shepparding call..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

(((((((Big Tex))))))

Your post made me cry with anger.

They have no idea at all what that scripture means. I'm so sorry for you and Nina. It reminds me of my sister's funeral service. When we wanted to play the songs she loved, (Angel by Aerosmith) some of the witnesses got up and left. I was furious!

How can they expect "forgiveness" from any God, if they don't practice it themselves?

Love...

April

• nilfun
    nilfun

What a contrast between the JWs and Bill's friends at the retirement home...this is so sad.

Where's the heart in "the organization"? Their behavior regarding Nina's papa is disgraceful...

Lean on each other during this difficult time, and know that there are so many people here that care.

(((((((Cruzanheart & Big Tex)))))))

• onacruse
    onacruse

Jesus: "If you only love those who love you, what reward will you get?...Love your neighbor as yourself."

Jehovah's Witnesses: "What is the Society's policy on this matter...er, person?"

((Tina & BigTex))

Craig <----anger welling up

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I don't mean to steer off topic, but my cousin commited suicide 4 years ago because of the treatment of the elders. Then they tried to give a talk at his funeral 'witnessing' about the 'hope.'

Ooooo I can still remember the anger that made me weep over that. Go ahead and vent. It is more than warranted in this situation. Never appologize for expressing a very valid emotion.

p.s. I remember how cold my mother was about him taking his own life; and how frustrated I was that I couldn't get her to be sympathetic

• nilfun
    nilfun

Oh, and BTW, that "babylonian" song Amazing Grace is so beautiful, moving and so full of soul...the JW songs pale in comparison...

Kinda like that so-called love that JWs supposedly have; it pales in comparison to the love being shown by the "worldly" people that were a part of your father-in-law's life...

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{Beg Tex}}} I agree...they can

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit