Kingdom Hall Alarm codes.

by JEMIMAH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Sure enough -- it was "1914" at our old Hall, though "1975" is likely better.

For some reason, no JW can forget 1975!

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

They definitely can't forget what they are desperately trying not to remember! 😱😁

Was there ever any communication from HQ that Halls should not use 1914 as an alarm code?

More interestingly, did any gang of thieves cotton on to this situation and start knocking over Kingdom Halls? 😸πŸ₯ΈπŸ₯· Would an average Kingdom Hall be worth robbing? Apart from maybe the sound system, was there anything that might tempt a crook?

• skin
    skin

30 + years ago the old KH I went too was 1935 to unlock, 5391 to lock which is the same number backwards.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Funny, I didn't know this. My aged father got an alarm system in about 2010 or so and his unlock code was '1914'. I didn't think much about it at the time, but it was probably the same as the KH alarm.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Yes, 1935!

In one hall I went to many including the secretary, presiding overseer and the kh all used the code number 1935..

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

a "brother" was a realestate agent and the code for the lock box was 1914

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I installed many security systems in KHs . I gave every one a different code and they were never to share the code with anyone. Later I used a card entry that would lock the door and turn on the alarm at the same time. That was years ago

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Hmm, so far there seems to have been two main camps: those who were responsible and understood that security depends upon having alarm codes that can't be guessed easily, and those who weren't and didn't.

Among those who chose 1914, could they have felt that they were doing something cool or edgy by making that the code? Or even that they were somehow honouring Jehovah?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I think the fact that any JW could probably guess that it was 1914 is a feature not a bug.

After all, all JWs are trustworthy, right?

It is a weird sort of sense of "unity" that they're likely proud of. Cool water cooler type discussion for those circuit wide elders meetings. "1914? Ours too!"

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

dropoffyourkeylee, it's interesting how so many JWs independently picked that number as their code. Is that a sign of some sort of groupthink going on? A lot of people would choose their own birth year, I imagine. But JWs are not encouraged to think in terms of birthdays. πŸ€”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit