Kingdom Hall Alarm codes.

by JEMIMAH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

ours was 1914.................elders, ms, and pio's all had the code.

• blondie
    blondie

I was a regular pioneer in one hall that used 1914. The sound equipment might be worth taking.

Blondie

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

LOL...yup...1914 at our hall

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Hmmmmmmmmmm.... I work at ADT as a security consultant. NONE of the KH in my area have security systems. Possible sale there?!?! Nah, they wouldnt deal with someone who is DA'd.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Did they stamp DA'd on your forehead in permanent ink??

Sell up a storm!!

• jws
    jws
    1914 as a code lol did't they change the genaration thing a few years back? Strange that they did't chane the codes.

Nope, 1914 is, believe it or not, still being taught as the year Christ returned. It's just that the "generation" that witnessed the change in events since 1914 is now a generation of indefinite length. It could be a lifetime (oops, too late), or several hundred years.

Hmmm... 1914. In security terms, that's idiotic. But then again, if you've got lots of people that need to know it, best to make it something they can all remember. Reminds me of the whole hacker thing after the movie War Games came out in '83. In it, the hacker gains access to a system using the password "Joshua". I went to high school with a member of the "414" hacker group that got caught by the FBI and written up in Newsweek. He told me that when they were breaking into a system, the first thing they'd try for a password is "Joshua". Most of the time that worked. How dumb does a system admin have to be to go copy a movie and use the same famous password? Especially since every wannabe hacker has seen this movie. This is the same thing. They probably don't change codes on a regular basis either. All the ex-JWs and DFed probably still have it.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

That's funny! The hall where I was a ms for nines had 1975 as their code. When they sold that hall and built a new one the code was 1875. I guess just to make it easy to remember. Just one digit different than the old code.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Our hall didn't use 1914 for some strange reason, but all the numbers it did use were rubbed off, so it wouldn't take anyone real long to figure that out. They couldn't change the code or none of the old elders would have been able to get in, the set it off enough times as it was and it was a $50 fine for a false alarm hahahah!!!

Ven

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

1914 . . . 1975 . . .just struck my funneeee bone!!!!

That's just tooooooo funnnneeeeeee!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

ESTEE

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

The last UK KH I attended had 1914 as the alarm code.

What's the problem with 1-9-7-5? Even if you think 1-9-7-5 refers to the year 1975 AD, it is of JW significance, since 6000 years of human existance was passed that year. So who's making a big deal out of it?

Thirdson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit