Kingdom Hall Alarm codes.

by JEMIMAH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, what a bizarre story this is! And there's all you guys and gals relating that the code of 1914 was actually used!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say?? I'm shaking my head in disbelief/amazement. What on earth are they on about? Good grief!

Here in Australia, such codes as have been mentioned are NOT USED. Instead each quickly built KH has security codes that are locally set. As for any aussie being stupid enough to use 1914, well, I've not heard of any, but then again........................................

Cheers, Ozzie

PS nice to 'hear' from you, Jem. Regards from Mrs Ozzie and myself.

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

my ex used to install alarms for a living, and most of the new alarms be they JW homea or not were installed with 1914 as the base code, needless to say the KH alarm code was 1914.

DUO

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

jws,

Nope, 1914 is, believe it or not, still being taught as the year Christ returned. It's just that the "generation" that witnessed the change in events since 1914 is now a generation of indefinite length. It could be a lifetime (oops, too late), or several hundred years.

Thank you for explaining that to me. It's been 17 years since I've been borg free. It's to funny that so many KH's use 1914. They might as well just leave the door unlocked. lol

brandy

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Too funny! 1914 WAS the ADT alarm code for the last KH I attended in Brooklyn!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So much for ADT's expertise! They've just got down one peg in my estimation.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Bringing this BTTT, not just because it's amusing.

Given that 1914 seems to be fading from the collective JW consciousness (such that some on here dare to speculate that it may even be dropped one day), do you think that 1914 is still a popular code at Kingdom Halls?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    do you think that 1914 is still a popular code at Kingdom Halls?

Yes, and the false alarm code to give to the security is likely 1975.

I actually had these codes in my office where two JW eldders worked for me. They thought is was funny.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

You had two elders working for you? That must have been an interesting power dynamic...

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Yes, two elders and one of their wives worked for me in an everyday office environment which I owned. 3 to 4 non JW's worked there too. If you only knew the history of how I grew up it would be 100 times funnier. I smoked dope most every day as a kid in the 1975 aftermath, until age 23. I just couldn't believe in any of the KH / WT leadership or my parents after the 1975 failed prophecy.

I was a complete embarrassment to my family who had been JW's for generations already. I was labelled a wild idiot.

When I moved to another city and became successful, and a baptized JW in good standing, they still didn't know what to think of me. JW's are uncomfortable with people who don't fit into nice little molds.

We all got along great at the office. Although, I do have to admit that the irony of being labelled an idiot for not listening to the elders when I was young, and then being their boss at only age 27 was somewhat gratifying. But, it was all for nothing, my parents never did except me.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Sounds like you had an interesting past, Sea Breeze!

It's a pity that they treated you shabbily after you made a go of your life and came back into the fold. The Watchtower seems to be short on forgiveness and long on remembering mistakes made in youth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit