Have You Ever Considered Suicide? Have You Ever Thought Of Just Not Living

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

When I was younger, in my teens mostly.

I remember not wanting to exist, just end it ya' know? I understand now that I was only seeing the situation that I was currently in. I was only seeing the present and thinking that it was all there was to my life. I wasnt even considering the fact that I could take control and change my life for the better.

I watched my mom suffer, but learned from her mistakes. I began making better choices, being more careful who I trusted and allowed myself to be alone with, went back to school, worked really hard and I finally have a job where I actually enjoy getting up in the morning.

Most of all, if I had been successful with ending my life, I wouldnt have known what it was like to have and love these two cuties. They keep me going as I want them everything, feel safe and have all the love and stability that I didnt know growing up.

• minimus
    minimus

This is one of the most personal threads that I have seen on this board. I showed my wife your comments and pain that you have endured and dealt with. You are an inspiration to all. I REALLY am happy that Simon provides this place.....Once again, THANK YOU SIMON!!!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Heaven!! they are such beautiful kids...Thanks for sharing them

• Solace
    Solace

Mouthy,

Thank you hun! Hey, you are more than welcome to borrow them anytime you want. You might want to nail down your furniture beforehand since the little guy has been known to get a little crazy once in awhile. Oh well, ya gotta love em, ya know?

Minimus,

Thank you for starting such a healing thread. It breaks my heart to hear these stories, but also helps to know that we are all human. I dont talk about my past very much, but I can see that reading others experiences can be very encouraging to those who are currently struggling.

Thanks again.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks for the offer Heaven-but I will decline I am worn out with my grandchildren-& Great grandchildren!!!!!I love them all but I feel good when they go home- Thats the good thing about being a GRAND MOTHER!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit