What's the Latest re How JW's are Associating and Preaching?

by mikronboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We received a handwritten letter this past week from a JW that we don't know, so it wasn't the matter of a former JW associate trying to encourage or reactive us. It was probably a young pioneer putting in their time.

How stupid is it to write out a 100 "form letters" by hand, when a computer or even a copier could whip them out in 10 minutes and you just add the Dear So-and-so........

But it's all about COUNTING TIME -- NOT MAKING TIME COUNT.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

all that is so sooo sad for all them

the last purpose of the governing body is to keep the maximum believers in that real Titanic...

so sad for those who have no friends out of the cult ! So sad for the children ! this cult is sinking

Sinking of the Titanic | National Geographic Society

• Overrated
    Overrated

The letter writing thing seems to somewhat stupid. You would think they write one letter and run a bunch of copies. After all it's going in the trash when someone opens it and reads where it's from. What about the big letter writing thing in November will that effect the elections in the states ? Who knows? An Watchtower is not political, oh please!

• JWTom
    JWTom

All good comments, even PIMI JWs are starting to wonder "where is this all going" as the org. has not responded tot he pandemic in any meaningful way. All of the online and meeting content to date is basically the same as 2019...no adjustments at all for the 2020 pandemic experience.

There is a recent article that says the celestial chariot responds immediately and adjusts. Where is the adjustment in messaging related to meetings and video content....nothing!

• millie210
    millie210
    jhine

Are they actively pushing Covid as a sign that the End is Near ( again ) ?

Here where I am, they are being uncharacteristically quiet about Covid.

It almost seems as though they would rather not have another failed "end timer" escapade that people can point to, so they are being very low key about the virus aspect. There is some hype about the political angle in as much as they are talking more about the king of the north and king of the south. By talking, I mean the JWs are talking amongst themselves about it. I have no idea if they are getting it from headquarters or from Circuit Overseers or just manufacturing it locally. It's gotta be a boring time for "true believers".

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Doc

You have to know how to get time in. Write a letter. Time it. Then run it off and count piece work.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Doc
    You have to know how to get time in. Write a letter. Time it. Then run it off and count piece work.

thats brilliant--instant pioneering. set a timer. think up; compose and type a letter. think about it some more. change it. rewrite it. bung in a couple of scriptures. when satisfied--stop the clock. time elapsed--one hour.

now--print off 100 copies...thats 100 x one hour. easy pioneering.

now--heres the smart bit: sell those 100 copies to another pioneer to slowly deliver them throughout the territory. another 100 hours.

thats worth a couple of likes.

• tiki
    tiki

Do the KH's get any use at all here in the USA? Waste of space and property if they never go back to actual reality meetings....I'm really far out of the loop...but I cannot imagine that if the pandemic parameters beome done and over with that there would be a mad dash to the hall for "sweet association".... Seems the lemmings would prefer the remote thing....but who knows.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Dont know much about how the New World Society (remembered term for Nathan's day) is coping with a no contact society, but I did hear one bit of information through the relatives grapevine,

That is, a certain relative and daughter were selling all their meeting clothes in a market stall, as they dont see any chance of normal meetings for a few years.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Are they actively pushing Covid as a sign that the End is Near ( again ) ?
    Jan

Yes Jan. I've heard on this board of uninterested non believing mates suddenly going to meetings and studying for baptism! A GB member has done morning worship on the subject, claiming they're not surprised and have been predicting this for years...indeed it's a good time because the pandemic proves the GT is close! So yes, they are using COViD to claim Armageddon is close.

But then Watchtower does that with any & everything.

• The travel/dressing time is reduced. And it is far easier to get a drink and snack or browse something

Road to nowhere I'd put a tv next to my browser (out of sight)&and just watch something else...all the time looking like I'm watching the zoom meeting😜

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit