What's the Latest re How JW's are Associating and Preaching?

by mikronboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Clarkey
    Clarkey

The long term breaking up of the gang mentality that cults like this create could very well cause a breaking off of some the weaker believers within the organization.

• hoser
    hoser

Door to door was mostly ineffective because of privacy laws. You couldn’t physically record interest or not at homes without breaking the law

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ hoser...

Seriously?

That's new (to me, at least).

Ten bucks says that the Org leadership is too scared of losing their tax-exemption to dare defying secular instructions of closing, KHs, socially door-to-door work (i.e. socially isolating), or - as you said - keeping records...

...no matter how much they may tout "obeying God's laws rather than Man's", or not "compromising with Satan's World".

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I have a relative who every time I call , turns the conversation to :the last days" and how only the jw 's will be saved.

Good grief. The poor sod is trying to ‘get their time in’. It’s literally the only thing they can do now because they’ve been told “NO cold calling strangers - witness to people you already know only”!!!!

I’m guessing like most witnesses (who don’t mix with worldlies) iithat’s reduced the numbers right down - excluding active witnesses - well, er....to YOU.🙄😜

• RolRod
    RolRod

I'm a Letter Carrier, there isn't a day that goes by where I'm not delivering letters to people on my route. Seems many of them are doing a letter campaign. In fact I got one a few days ago at my home. Typical type written letter with a tract.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Letter writing, an exercise in futility, designed by a callous and calculating G.B simply to keep the JW R&F busy, and feeling the " urgency of the times".

What a Silly Cult.

• jhine
    jhine

Are they actively pushing Covid as a sign that the End is Near ( again ) ?

Jan

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

It doesn't sound too bad!

I hated attending meetings. And I absolutely detested door to door work.

But, on thinking about it, what a great time for waverers to commence a slow fade without attracting attention!

• SadElder
    SadElder

I wonder how difficult it will be for them to revitalize the general populace of dubs into getting back to the KHall and out banging on doors? The longer people go the more acclimated they become to staying home.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The travel/dressing time is reduced. And it is far easier to get a drink and snack or browse something else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit