What's the Latest re How JW's are Associating and Preaching?

by mikronboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

I've been out of the loop for a while so some things have passed me by.

So I'm curious how JW's are affected by the Covid virus. Are they still preaching or having meetings etc?

Or is the whole damned thing fizzling out?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

zoom online meetings--in the UK--as far as i know. door knocking stopped a while before covid; to all intent. some were to be seen hanging around a wire rack with tracts and booklets stuffed into it--for any innocent bystander to help themselves..mostly totally ignored by the public. A roaring success according to the watchtower.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I used to go to a flea market and the JWs would have a tent type covering for rain and sun and a table and cart. They sat behind the table played on the phone and talked to each other and I never saw anyone ever go up to them and start a conversation.

• Biahi
    Biahi

They’re getting ready for the impending doom! Lol

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

Here in France, no more cart-witnessing, no more door to door, no more meeting. Only zoom, internet, telephone and lettres. The end is so so near...

but every one is pleased to full the "online box" or to give money to the elders.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I have a relative who every time I call , turns the conversation to :the last days" and how only the jw 's will be saved. mind-boggling to me. I get the impression that witnessing on every phone call, no matter who it is, Is really one of their preferred methods of indoctrination now.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Letters, incidental. Extra zoom meetings for text and " meeting for service" on zoom.

Lots of coercion to attend the extra non official meetings. All on zoom

The usual lack of any real friendship or casual phone calls.

I have no friends left--two wife's friends one non believing husband of same. One could almost be called a girlfriend, even wife admits that. Family

We are just waiting under the bed for the end.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that the door-to-door ministry...

...the most significant defining characteristic of the Jehovah's Witness religion...

...has not only become completely ineffective in its stated purpose, but isn't even being done anymore...

...is the biggest irony.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    road to nowhere - "...Extra zoom meetings for text and 'meeting for service' on zoom... Lots of coercion to attend the extra non official meetings..."

Unsurprising.

With a lack of physical KH-meetings and the door-to-door work (both which acted as the most effective form of tribal bonding amongst the rank-and-file), extra doses of rhetoric and propaganda is vital to maintain organizational cohesion.

It's pretty much all that's left, really.

• Overrated
    Overrated

If this keeps up more people will hopefully wake up and fade out, get on with their lives. Screw Watchtower!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit