My mom contacted me last night...

by HereIgo 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

The brainwashing is so evident and so sad. I'm sorry. My family is the same. Whatever happened to making a defense of amyone that asks of you? Why doesn't the same apply to god?

• Giordano
    Giordano

No it doesn't apply to god as he, she or it remains silent so all we have are bad translations of that silence. The WTBTS simply make's up stuff.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Giordano an hour ago

No it doesn't apply to god as he, she or it remains silent so all we have are bad translations of that silence. The WTBTS simply make's up stuff.

Its like S.E.T.I. started telling us that Aliens were saying if we all wear underpants on our heads and walk around in wellies full of beer they will come visit. We'd know the folks at S.E.T.I. were making it up.

Unfortunately, although the radio's silent at the Watchtower when they make things up it's dangerous and cruel - like the blood stance and shunning.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm so sorry. How sad for your mother to give up seeing a grandchild for a fantasy.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"It is clear how you feel. All of your questions could be answered if you put Jehovah to the test, but I cant convince you, you have to allow it, we will talk soon."

Tell her it's not about you (Herelgo) putting Jehovah to the test. Rather it's about you (Herelgo) having tested your own faith as the bible instructs us to do and about how you found that your faith and your beliefs were based on false information and or the lack of information. Thus far, no one, including herself (your own Mother and faithful follower), has been able to answer those basic questions, yet she is willing to shun her own son and her own grandchildren based on a religion she doesn't fully understand.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How about:

"Mum, I did indeed put these matters to Jehovah, and he clearly guided me to follow the examples of ones in the bible book of Revelation who were told to "get out from amongst her, and quit touching the unclean things, so we don't share in the sins of an organization"

Too strong??

Or

"Mum, thanks for your sudden interest in my life. As you know, I take very seriously the Bible's command to "test the inspired expression" and to imitate the Boreans who "carefully examined the things taught" so as to please God. I put all these concerns to Jehovah and he has clearly shown me to step back from the organization while a cleansing takes place. I know that you would never want me to go contrary to his leadings, so I appreciate you respecting this process. As always, I love you. Your son"

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

All of your questions could be answered if you put Jehovah to the test, but I cant convince you, you have to allow it, we will talk soon."

"Mom, if you understood what I wrote, you would see that I have 'put Jehovah to the test'. I just listed a half dozen questions I had for him on 'the test' and he didn't answer a single one. To me, he was put to the test and failed...or at least failed to even show up for the test."

• Heaven
    Heaven

HereIgo said: Was there a recent study article written about reaching out to "inactive" ones?

Maybe it's the annual 'Armageddon is so close' push?

It's a good question though as my cousin who hasn't spoken to me in over 7 years recently emailed me twice. So far there has been no mention of the religion in his correspondence though. I wonder if it will in any future ones.

• Scully
    Scully

Didn't Jesus say, when being tested by Satan, to NOT put Jehovah to the test??

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

Heaven, I agree, the society must really be pushing that message strongly for her to reach out to me out of the blue, same for your cousin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit