My mom contacted me last night...

by HereIgo 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

As I have revealed in other threads my mother and I havent talked in over 2 years. She has been keeping her distance, therefore staying loyal to Jehovah. She found me on Facebook. At first it was normal chit chat, she didnt even know she had a new grandchild. The conversation quickly shifted to "son, i know you don't want to hear this, but the end is very near, there isnt much time left."

I replied:

Mom, when someone can explain to me why there has been over a thousand child abuse cases in Australia alone that have not been reported to authorities. When someone can explain why Geoffrey Jackson, member of the governing body denied his own faith during ARC questioning and stated that it would be presumptuous to assume that jws are God's only channel, but yet that is what is preached to millions of people by jws. When someone can explain why the end was predicted in 1914, 1925 and 1975 and why Beth Sarim was built in San Diego in 1925 to accommodate the princes of old then secretely sold by the society when the end didnt come. When someone can explain why the society changed their stance on blood and countless people died in the process believing that they were following God's orders. Maybe then, I would consider it. There are alot of dark things behind the scenes of the organization that you probably dont want to talk about. I doubt anyone could or would even want to answer these questions to my satisfaction.

She replied:

"It is clear how you feel. All of your questions could be answered if you put Jehovah to the test, but I cant convince you, you have to allow it, we will talk soon."

Did I strike a nerve? Thoughts? Was there a recent study article written about reaching out to "inactive" ones?

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

That's exactly what I want to say to my Dad. I think what you did is good though, and I wish I had the courage man. Whatever happens May peace be with you guys.

ALPD

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Interesting conversation, never give up hope!

All of your questions could be answered if you put Jehovah to the test

It's not about Jehovah, it's about the Borganization's hypocrisy and cultish tactics... mene, mene, tekel, parsin.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"All of your questions could be answered if you put Jehovah to the test" - but not if you put the organization to the test!

That's now the unforgiveable sin in many J.W.'s eyes. (1st Peter 3:15 is now a no-no for the r&f)

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

It's not about "putting Jehovah to the test", as the Organization doesn't equate to Jehovah. It's the Organization that needs put to the test, just as the Apostle Paul praised the Boreans for doing.

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with Wing Commander's comment " it's not about " putting Jehovah to the test " , as the organization doesn't equate to Jehovah " . Totally.

But the problem is that your mom THINKS that the organization does equate to " Jehovahs " views. I can tell from her comments to you that she's still deeply mind controlled because she thinks if you just come back you'll get answers to all of your questions - which is not true. You'll just end up with more questions and insanity after the elders fumble around trying to answer you.

It may be that in order to keep the peace you might have to just tell your mom " I have my views, you have your views - I respect your right to have your views , please respect my right to have my views " . JW's are really good at not respecting our personal boundaries. Hang in there

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We have still in family members that are having financial, marital and emotional problems. The Uber dub side of the family keeps telling them to do more. More meetings, more service, more study and things will get better. The "weaker" side of the family is trying to do more and guess what? They still have financial , marital and emotional problems. Jah doesn't seem to be fixing their problems . So they keep visiting the doctors and switching out their anti depressants. Frustrating as hell for us on the other side (you know....the dark side). lol

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

All of your questions could be answered if you put Jehovah to the test,

A typical nonsensical WBT$ "Canned Reply",parroted by a JW..

A TEST?..CRAP!...WILL I HAVE TO STUDY?!..

Image result for god

• Giordano
    Giordano

"An empty head is not really empty; it is stuffed with rubbish. Hence the difficulty of forcing anything into an empty head." Eric Hoffer.

Unfortunately there is no room for rationality and logic.

The dogma of the JW's is but dust blowing in the wind......Gio

• sir82
    sir82

Did I strike a nerve? Thoughts?

Yep. She can't answer your questions, so she did what she has been trained to do when confronted with inconvenient questions:

RUN AWAY!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit