I ate a REESES PEANUT BUTTER CUP

by JWdaughter 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It had a football printed on it! What's that all about? Do they sell more because of it? Do they think I need a reminder of the season (its been a rough season for football in Seattle)?

I hardly ever eat candy. I love it, but I can't hardly bring myself to pay for it when I remember 5 for a dollar deals. . . I'm cheap. I paid $1 for that stupid candy bar!

I kind of miss the days when I looked forward to candy like it was. . . you know, CANDY. You know, not getting it without mom's ok and then getting it was like winning a battle or something? Maybe I need more drama with my chocolate? I was a really fat kid. I wish I still took the pleasure in it as I did back then when it was forbidden:) It was good, but the last years have resulted in me eating half, sticking it in my purse and forgetting it until it petrified or squished and ruined my purse (in one case, my computer case. Bummer.) I really only have the appetite for the mini's these days normally.

I kind of thought I would eat candy with impunity and great pleasure when I got older. Give me another 25 years and check back with me, I guess.

• fukitol
    fukitol

Started a thread about eating a candy bar lol (rolls eyes).

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Can a brit ask what a reeses peanut butter cup is please?

Btw JW daughter, in one of your posts you mentioned you where from wa and I didn't know where that was - I looked on google earth - wow it's stunning, incredible.

• stillin
    stillin

Well, I give myself a treat once in awhile, too. Yes, it costs more and the candy bars are smaller!

At least you have Pete Carroll out there!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Reese peanut butter cup!!! Yum!!!
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

@diogenesister - A Reese's peanut butter cup is peanut butter wrapped in milk chocolate. They are delicious. They do come in different sizes and shapes around different times of the year, and sometimes they mix it up and have crunchy peanut butter or dark chocolate.

I just had one out of the freezer the other day and it was heavenly.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I shoulda froze it.

And to an earlier poster, the experience altogether felt quite profound at the time:) I thought I should share.

Does anyone else ever think about the simple pleasures of childhood and how we imagined things to be as adults? Who knew? Reeses is probably the least of the shockers.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I think basically anything chocolate, your body releases large amounts of dopamine. I read that somewhere I think on msn.com recently. Dopamine is a hormone which is released when you do things enjoyable like eating, petting horses, dogs or going on a vacation.
  • fukitol
    fukitol

She found it 'profound' to buy and eat a candy bar autonomously as if it's some kind of adult experience .

You must be either 8 years old or Amish.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Eh, People start ridiculous threads all the time. This is mine.:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit