When you read this Richard Glossip will probably be dead.

by The Rebel 41 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Until America grows out of the death penalty like the rest of the civilised world, they might as well enjoy it while they can.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    This court has never held that the constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a fair trial, BUT IS LARTER able to convince a court that he is actually innocent" Antonia Scalla ( Supreme Court)

Yup. Thats the law - the verdict of a case is not the issue, a case will be heard on appeal because of a point of law

Scary stuff. It's the mothers I feel for

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Until America grows out of the death penalty like the rest of the civilised world, they might as well enjoy it while they can.

Snuggle we are on the same page

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Well?
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

What are they dong to this man.

Two weeks ago Richard was spared the needle 3 hours before his execution.

Yesterday it was an incredible 1 minute before they put the needle in him.

This is the 3rd time he has been hours from death this year.

Putting a man through this phycological torture Is diabolical.

The new execution date is set for November 6th.

Two days before yesterday's planned execution he lost an appeal 2/3. ( so two judges were unsure of his guilt) Then hours before his execution yesterday the supreme court also turned down his appeal. At the final minute his execution was postponed on grounds of the drugs being used to put Richard to death.

His first conviction was over turned because the judge described evidence as " very weak" and his legal representation incompetent. ( In England that would make him a free man) Richard then refused a plea deal in which he would be a free man today, was retriled and convicted again.This man is on death role with no physical evidence against him, but based on the testimony of the killer who needed to implicate someone so he could avoid the death sentence. The police also lost/ destroyed evidence relevant in this case.

In America I56 people have been exonerated from death role since 1975. ( Source death penalty information centre)

The Rebel.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Sweet jesus be praised, he's been saved!

For now.

They will kill him though, so jesus was just toying with them all....

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Why didn't you publish, the governor's address and everywhere that letters calls emails should be sent to.

I suppose that when someone innocent is unjustly killed, the killers or descendants should expect retaliation at some point in time. That is a pattern I have seen by vindictive people.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

He cant prove he was not involved....they have no evidence he WAS involved. How can he be on death row???

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Witness007 (Q) " He can't prove he was not involved....they have no evidence HE was involved. How can he be on death row now?

The Rebel (A) Because the death penalty in America, is not only for people who have been convicted beyond doubt, REASONABLE doubt is enough"

Well done Dr Phil for starting your new series a week early to highlight this case. Well done Richard Branson for taking out a Full Page spread in the Oaklahoma newspaper and taking the time to appear on T.V yesterday voicing your concern.

This case has huge holes in it. Please read my earlier post today for clarification on that. I also find it discusting that in January Richard was 3 hours from the needle. Two weeks ago once again 3 hours from the needle. And yesterday 1 minute from the needle. Now it's all scheduled again for November 6th.

In America 156 people have been exonerated from death role since 1975 ( Souce death penalty information centre)

The Rebel.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

I think this case is shudderingly horrendous. There was a documentary a few weeks ago here in the UK. I think he's not guilty of killing his boss. But I got the impression he's not squeaky clean.

This psychological torture is bèyond putting him to death. I even heard on LBC news this a.m. that most European countries refuse to supply the sodium derivative chemical that they require to execute humans WTF.

After venting, words now fail me, and its not often my experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit