Going nuts....

by Vivamus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Slowly going nuts here. I quit smoking nine hours and 52 minutes ago. Still counting... when does it get easier? I trew it all out, all of my precious ones are outside in the trash-container. *bites nails outta frustration and desire for one more ciggie*

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

10 hours and 17 minutes.....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A brave act, Viv.

Keep away from those cafes and trams with their passive smoking!

Cheers, Ozzie

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Hang in there Viv!!!!!!! You can do it! From what I understand, smoking has alot to do with an oral fixation. The need to have something in your mouth. Some friends that I know started chewing on straws to keep their mouths busy. Find something you want to chew on such as gum, straw, whatever. That might help you as well!

Eric

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Chew on something? Is that it? For the past five hours I have been craving for a cigg. I mean, I close my eyes and I see ciggs all around me, begging me to smoke them. How sick is that? Gawd, this is horrible, why did I even want to quit again? Oh yeah, health things....

*goes to find a toothpick or something*

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

12 hours and 35 minutes btw, still going strong....

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hang in there, Viv, we're all pulling for you. I know it's hard, but that alone should convince you that you need to quit. Anything that addicting (except sex, of course!) can't be good for you! And think of how much money you'll save by not smoking.

Cheers to you!

Nina

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I have faith in you. The begining of anything is usually the toughest, think of the positive affects in the long run. I'm with you.

Guest 77

• ITguy
    ITguy

Viv...

It suddenly becomes clear to me why I haven't seen you on chat...

• Undecided
    Undecided

More power to you, Vivamus. I sure wish my step-daughter could do what you're doing. She mentioned it when we were there Sat. Her reason was so she would be around to look after us when we got to old to care for ourselves. That's the kind of person she is, you can't help loving her. She is a precious gift I got when I married her mother.

Keep your resolve and never smoke another cancer stick again.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit