Extreme emotions re today's watchtower

by Tornintwo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Totally given up Sunday K.H. visits - can't stomach any of the Watchtower studies, or the public talks!
  • flipper
    flipper

The quote, " They ( the clergy ) stand in stark contrast with the clean , virgin like anointed ones of God. " Uh-huh. Yeah right. You mean the " virgin like " anointed ones named Geoff Jackson, Anthony Morris 3, and Stephen Lett and other GB members who poo-poo the idea that THEY the GB are covering over the horrific sexual child molestation by pedophiles within their " earthy sanctuary "?

Jackasses. At least the Catholic pope apologized to Catholic child abuse victims ! WT leaders have NO ethics, they have NO morals - they run a criminal organization bent on protecting child molesters, murderers, financial scammers, while turning family members against one another destroying families along the way as casualties causing psychological stress and destruction thus producing suicides. " Clean, virgin like " anointed ones ? I don't think so. Let's be real here

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Virgin?? Jacksons wife was barely cold when he grabed a polynesian babe in the sack...thought the end was🔜..what was the point of that, in fact as he's about to get 'raptured'isn't it cruel?

Unless of course he's an old lech...

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

I was raised catholic, which I know makes me even more deserving of a horrible death at the big A according to the jw's. I stopped going to church as soon as my parents didn't require me to go. I am in no way defending them as there are lots of problems in the rc church and I haven't attended one in over 20 years, however, I will say this much. Growing up I don't ever remember hearing anything on sundays regarding being excited and looking forward to God destroying anyone. The message was almost always more along the lines of 'how can we be better followers of Christ's example, how can we help our fellow man more, take care of the elderly, etc....'

My guess is that most other religions try to deliver the same message of hope and love for God, Christ, and their fellow man on sundays. They don't stand up and say 'I can't wait until we are proven right and everyone else is dead.'

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

... love for Jehovah and to support the anointed ...

It's important to notice how they constantly link "Jehovah" with themselves. This is a deliberate and very powerful tool of manipulation.

It subtly creates the illusion in the minds of "the believers" that obedience or disobedience to "the anointed" (Read: The Governing Body) is obedience or disobedience to Jehovah.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Billy ex Blaze
    Billy ex Blaze

Todays drivel definitely gave me a migraine.

I really appreciated* this tidbit found in paragraph 15:

So those who will be taken to heaven will first need to be “changed, in a moment, in the blink of an eye, during the last trumpet.”...
    Therefore, while we do not use the term “rapture” here because of its wrong connotation, the remaining faithful anointed will be gathered together in an instant of time.

*what a load! Reminds me of 1984.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

The Watchtower pimps, are accusing other religions of being prostitutes?

Sickening. I'd rather die, than live among these hypocrites in paradise.

It makes me furious to think about all the children that are forced into this cult, and the way the society hides the evidence of their own sexual crimes.

"VIRGIN-LIKE?"

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Closer to Fine: Most churches that I have visited, seem to be encouraging their audience to do as you described... often in the form of a monetary donation.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Let's not ignore this not-so-subtle point:

To remain faithful, will we be willing to experience material loss? Will we be ready to do whatever is required of us to prove our loyalty to Jehovah?"

Now please empty your pockets and bank accounts and give everything to the GB, as we have not all got our pinky rings and Apple watches yet. Thank you.

• stillin
    stillin

Today's lesson made clear that when the anointed are taken to heaven in the twinkling of an eye, we do not call it the Rapture because that belief includes the taking of the BODY to heaven, and we all know that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom.

huh? No. The Rapture teaching never said that the human body was going to heaven. Sorry, WT. you're just alienating your flock from the rest of the churches and it seems plain.

One of these days, I'm just going to announce to my wife that I'm done with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit