Extreme emotions re today's watchtower

by Tornintwo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I was supposed to attend the meeting today, one of my once a month duties for the sake of my family and my fade. I read the wt and I just can't stomach going...

what this wt does is again and again reiterate that only Jws will survive the coming destruction and that they should be happy about this and raise ourselves erect...eg:

we cannot expect that many people will suddenly convert to true Christianity. Instead, it will be an opportunity for all true worshippers to prove their love for Jehovah and to support the anointed.

.......God’s people will boldly declare a strong message of judgment that will affect all people.

I literally feel like a panic attack, sickness at the thought of attending a meeting where the worshippers support the 'true hope' that 99.9% of all humanity will soon die, whose carcasses will be picked by birds! I can't believe I used to 'rejoice in the hope' when what it is really is a message of horrible death and destruction of innocent men, women and children.

i can't sit there and listen to people answer up excitedly that they are looking forward to their imminent deliverance when it means that their neighbors and their children can look forward to a horrible death.

does anyone else have a similar emotional reaction to this 'good news'?

• Billy ex Blaze
    Billy ex Blaze
    I think I'm going to be sick
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wouldn't it be amazing if someone just answered like this:

"this paragraph is so encouraging for it highlights the joy of being able to see all our neighbours violently destroyed as they didn't take literature from us one Sunday morning. How exciting and faith strengthening it will be to see mrs jones and her little newborn from next door writhing in pain as we call out "told you so!""

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Tornintwo, I understand what your saying, I cant even read the crap anymore. That's the problem or joy of knowing ttatt. I feel that they insult Jesus sacrifice it can only cover the ones they say it covers. It`s a kinda grief that we go through, a disbelief almost. Pulls at the heart though don't it. Dont feel bad, shows that you got a heart.
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

If you can read all this without strong emotions of disgust anger or anxiety/fear, (if you believe it that is).. Congratulations, you are a brainwashed sociopath.

How appropriate that all false religion is likened to a prostitute! The clergy have prostituted themselves with the leaders of this wicked world.

Instead of loyally supporting Jesus and his Kingdom, they have given their support to human rulers and have compromised godly principles just to gain political influence. They stand in stark contrast with the clean, virginlike anointed ones of God.

But who will destroy the harlotlike organization? Jehovah God will put “his thought” into the hearts of “the ten horns” of the “scarlet-colored wild beast.” These horns represent all the present political powers that give support to the United Nations, an organization pictured by the “scarlet-colored wild beast.”
    Should we conclude, though, that the destruction of the religions of Babylon the Great results in the death of all the former members of those religions? Apparently not... So, apparently, even some of the clergy will abandon their religious course and deny that they were ever part of those false religions.

8 Although we do not fully understand all that will happen during that time of test, we can expect that it will involve some measure of sacrifice. In the first century, Christians had to leave behind their possessions and endure hardships in order to survive. (Mark 13:15-18) To remain faithful, will we be willing to experience material loss? Will we be ready to do whatever is required of us to prove our loyalty to Jehovah?

9 This will not be the time to preach the “good news of the Kingdom.” That time will have passed. The time for “the end” will have come! (Matt. 24:14)

No doubt God’s people will proclaim a hard-hitting judgment message. This may well involve a declaration announcing that Satan’s wicked world is about to come to its complete end.

10 None of this will go unnoticed by our enemies. Under inspiration, the prophet Ezekiel explains what Gog of Magog, a coalition of nations, will do.. Spiritually speaking, God’s people will stand out as unique, “in the center of the earth,” as it were.

This will be too much for the nations. Yes, they will be eager to attack Jehovah’s anointed ones as well as their associates.
    13 How will the goats react when they realize that “everlasting cutting-off” awaits them? They “will beat themselves in grief.” (Matt. 24:30)
    But how will Christ’s brothers and their faithful companions react at that time? With full faith in Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus Christ, they will heed Jesus’ command: “As these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.” (Luke 21:28) Yes, we will have a positive attitude, confident of deliverance.
    ..Together with his 144,000 corulers in heaven, Jesus will come to the rescue of God’s people here on earth.

The resulting war of Armageddon will lead to the magnifying of Jehovah’s holy name. (Rev. 16:16) At that time, all goatlike ones “will depart into everlasting cutting-off.”

The earth will finally be cleansed of all wickedness, and the great crowd will pass through the final part of the great tribulation.

All those surviving on the earth will bask in God’s favor and experience bounteous expressions of his love. What a marriage feast that will be! Do we not look forward to that day with eager expectation?
    www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150715/rapture-anointed-great-tribulation/
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    Just google 'church offers support to refugees' and see what wicked works those of false religion are up to!
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

we cannot expect that many people will suddenly convert to true Christianity.

I think previously that it was believed that once the tribulation started no one would be converted to true Christianity after it commenced, now it seems to me that it is suggesting some might and that seems to be an improvement.

• carla
    carla

This is today's wt?!

Today may be a good day to leave some jw/UN stuff out! sigh, I suppose it wouldn't really matter. All lies from evil apostates who probably have infiltrated the UN and made fake letters and papers.......

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This religious organization ( Publishing house ) was built upon fear, guilt, ignorance , contrived lying and deceiving bullshit.

These endeavors maintain the power of the top dogs and kept the literature proliferation in continuation.

Some things just never change.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    One of the last times a went door to door a few years back was with a bethelite in NYC. His macabre view towards people who didnt want to listen to him sickened me. It's always sickened me but I never went out again. After a very kind catholic man told him no thank you and have a nice day etc. Very friendly not upset at all. This ass clown bethelite says as we are leaving the door "I hope jehovah plays back for them at Armageddon all the times we came to them and they turned us away." I'm not gonna lie I wanted to punch him in the face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit