Royal Commission National Redress Scheme. Average of $65,000 per victim, not including psychological fees and admin costs.

by Lemonp 42 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Clearly the WTS anticipated this; they instructed the Aus Branch to transfer the bulk of their funds to WTHQ in the US a year or so ago.

Then the Branch'll try and claim that they can't afford it, and ask to be let off the hook.

• Gayle
    Gayle
    They have till 2017 when report is to be issued. They can do a lot more damage by then. Like sell KHs?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

As far as I'm concerned, the WTS should sell off all the KHs.

It'll be that much easier for soft-cores and fence-sitters to leave.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This is interesting.

Plain facts remain-still in JWs won't EVER ask for "redress", even if they claim that they were abused.

The WT will use this as a tool to claim persecution-it will be going to all churches, right? (other orgs too, but that is peripheral to their agenda). Yes, it is a skanky claim, but seriously, they have made those before, haven't they? They turned imprisonment of WT leaders into a fulfillment of bible prophecy! They have NO shame. Too, other churches/religious organizations may make similar claims.

This may indeed tie in with the new teachings about the rapture of the FDS and their tax free holdings in the cayman islands. Its all very convenient, is it not??

• RichardHaley
  • steve2
    steve2

For organizatios as much as for individuals, consequences really do matter!

Nice to see the likelihood that the sanctimonious JW organization could be held accountable for its deplorable child-abuse policies and procedures.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

They will appeal it over and over. Wow!!!

Time to pay for mistakes.

SL

• Listener
    Listener
    I wonder who will be paid. It is unlikely to be the 1006 cases that the wtbts has on file. It might be the cases that have been reported to the commission. It might only be the cases where an elder or ms is involved.
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Love it! This might trigger policy changes.

Keep the spotlight on them to cause necessary changes.

SL

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Listerner:

I think the concern was less about who did it, than the institutional response towards the child and the law. There did not seem to be a lot of focus on the criminals as much as how the WT treated the victims and the reporting issues. I think the redress will be directed towards the current reporters although one hopes that the commission, if they can, will try to approach the earlier victims of the 1006 abusers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit