My mums dying she refuses blood transfusion...the horror.

by Witness 007 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Mum has a mild form of Lukeimia if she took blood like normal people she could live to be 100. But no, anointed sisters dont compromise Jehovah wont allow it. So here I am moving to Sydney for one month going to hospital everyday putting my life on hold to watch my mother die slowly. Watching her gasp for air, struggle to breath. Please eat something mum! The horror. Brothers come by to wish this martyr well singing kingdom songs while she gasps for air. Her apostate son and daughter rush to bring her any dying wish....her favourite doughnuts or wine WHATEVER she wants...the horror. We know she dies in vain her Hemo. Doctor cried knowing that Chemo and all treatments are over. Dying in vain. Im so tired I cant go on but I must. A blood doctrine that is a total lie, hospital Liason Elder comes by smiles reads some scriptures and goes on his way like some kind of mindless idiot leaving us to suffer. God help any of you that end up in this hell....God help these poor bastard Witnesses who die for nothing.

• sparky1
    sparky1

My mother died in the year 2000 because she would not accept a blood transfusion. She had an unusual form of Thyroid cancer. I don't envy you for what you are going through. My mother was in the hospital almost 5 months and I visited her nearly every day, signed her surgical orders, worked with her doctors and still ran my business. The whole affair was soul sucking and life draining. Take care of yourself and don't let this experience crush you. Witness parents don't always realize the 'hell' that they put their children through. I am sure that you love your mother, but respect her wishes and let her go in peace, if you can. My thoughts are with you because I understand the agony you are going through.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Sorry to hear what you're going through, I was appointed my mother's guardian by the Court, so I opted to give her blood, and of course some nosy sisters visited her the day she was hooked up to it. They told an Elder, the Elder called me, I went off on a curse filled rant to him about how dare he tell me what to do according to what was best for her and also left him another rant when I knew he would be attending the meeting. Must've had a lasting impression on him because when he attended her memorial service he and his wife were most friendly to me, even got in line twice when the folks attending speak with the family! . . .I think I made my point clear to him . . .

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh my friend! I am so sorry to hear of this situation!

Keep being the kind person you are. Keep showing TRUE love.

(Would you like some company from a fellow "apostate"? I am happy to pop by if you need some sanity?)

• dogon
    dogon

Sorry to hear of your situation. Personally I would not stop my life because of the actions and decisions of someone else. But you have to make that choice for yourself.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

I'm very sorry about this, I wish nothing but strength to you in this time ❤️

• carla
    carla

I am so sorry, in my thoughts.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Ugh. I hate to hear of it. Of course the narrative is that this sort of thing just never happens anymore. Blood is never really "necessary" anymore, and is dangerous.

Anyway to speak to the guys coming around about the real deal?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

You must be so stressed. I am so sorry this tragedy is happening right now in your family.

I feel so sorry for everyone all around. Your dear Mom has been brainwashed for so many decades to not accept blood that she can't help but follow what the GB has decided God has told them to do in this twenty first century situation.

Blood and doctors are on the ready to help. Such a shame. How it must truly pain them to see an old fashioned, uneducated religious group make these deathly decisions. If the JDubs think they are making a great witness, they are horribly wrong! It will just make the JW's stand out as even more brainwashed and cultish than ever.

Death will come for all of us, but thank goodness for the scientific and medical community that know how to make people well so they can live a good long life.

I am sorry I can only offer a hug.

• smiddy
    smiddy

So sorry to hear this witness 007 my thoughts are with you in this trying time.

Its nothing short of criminal this blood doctrine under the guise of religion they should be prosecuted.for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit