What's destroying Watchtower!

by UnshackleTheChains 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giordano
    Giordano

The WTBTS has painted itself into a corner and it has no capacity to admit this.

Nor can it successfully repaint the room and pretend that it never happened.

It is stuck in place.

It is becoming known for it's mistakes, lack of good works, child sexual abuse and in general the reckless treatment of it's followers.

It maintains that it has the TRUTH. That this truth is embedded in their dogma and that it is an absolute truth.......and yet they provide no reasonable proof.

It's Ban on Blood has contributed to the untimely deaths of thousands.

To this end they have replaced the Christian Scientist religion in it's medical lunacy.

The Ban on Blood can not be acknowledged as a mistake nor their 'two witness rule' re child sex abuse.......... nor their ever changing position on the end times.

What the JW's are left with.......... is how to live in a world that doesn't exist.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

For me it's the fact that they insist in running an organization in the 21st century the way they did in the 19th century. Those idiots are not keeping up with the times. They still have the same archaic model.

That includes everything from their shunning practices, selling printed material, expecting their people to survive out of unskilled labor or a simple trade, no diversity and inclusion, horrible decision making about technology implementation and use, the list of their shitty practices is endless.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

For myself I would still be sitting in the KH (perhaps very unhappily) if it wasn' for the internet. It was the internet that was the thing that moved me.

Scratchme 1010 - The christadelphians are a very good example of a religion that has changed very little from its inception 150 years ago. I give them credit for sticking to their guns but it is also a religion that will be dead in a few years for not doing so.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

They think you need to be evil to get disfellowshiped when in reality you can get disfellowshiped quite easily for nothing serious at all.

That is so true. My elderly father. before being booted of the BoE for staying home and taking care of my dying mother, said that a person can be DF'd for anything that three men can agree on if they want you gone bad enough.

The total lack of Christian love, and the blatant nepotism that goes hand in glove with the rigid shunning is going to have a negative effect IMO.

• LV101
    LV101

1980s all I heard about was the horrifying shunning of families/friends from anyone who worked with or knew of witnesses. It was having an effect on high school age students back then -- and their parents! I still hear about this at one of our malls - one of the most expensive (per sq. foot) malls in the world where some witnesses are employed. Michael Jackson was the topic and how shunning was going on mid 80s -- people that knew nothing about the cult knew of the whacked-up shunning and most people wanted nothing to do with it (regardless of their false promises of paradise and pandas) high school and adult ages.

Prior to 1980 I'd hear about all the blood transfusion restrictions. People couldn't believe the whacky non-blood restriction even though the aid horror stories were breaking out in 80s. I don't think people had a clue about their pedophile and abuse of children and their adherents. The cult had it made and skated around all their rape/abuse cases until recently - maybe the Catholic Church was a good start for the country and our justice system to pay attention - finally! Religions have been allowed to run rough shod over the masses for way too many decades in this country.

"Christian love," what a joke -- no such thang! Nepotism - what a mess inside those bunkers.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think whats hurting the WTS to date is its very own core doctrines inspired more through ignorance and a endeavor to proliferate literature..

The name Watchtower was taken to signify what these men who started this organization had something unusual and distinct in Christian theology, a truthful representation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his new prophesied Kingdom arrangement.

Well its look more and more they failed or were wrong in their preaching and may have in fact been discreetly corrupt.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I do think the shunning policy will have an effect, intensified by the push to baptize kids younger and younger (something that would have been unheard of decades ago). Apparently the brothers are going around pressuring parents to get their children baptized young. Then as teenagers or early twenty-somethings they either don't want to be in the bOrg or they do something to get DF'd, and then the family is torn apart.

Many failing dictatorships all through history have made a similar mistake. They frequently tighten the screws on the population when they see they are failing (call it encouraging "loyalty"). This bumps up their power temporarily and then it collapses. I think this will happen to the JWs too.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

I would have to say that the organization never admitting that they are wrong is going to be their downfall! This is not a sustainable practice if they have members with half a brain.

At some point you have to say, I’m sorry, we made a mistake, we were wrong! The new light doctrine is going to fail them eventually!

They make changes and think everyone forgets i.e. the generation! I think that alone has brought many people out!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One other thing I think is reality. I mean the real world. People were really financially beat up back in 2008 on and the JWs got it as bad as anyone else if not worse. It’s got to be hard to keep believing your in gods only organization and he cares for you when your financial world comes crashing down and there’s no help from the big guys in the sky. I think many have left do to this.

• Brokeback Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit