jp1692

Q: What's destroying Watchtower!

A: Self inflicted wounds.

• LV101
    LV101
    Good answer, jp1692 - hope it's deep!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They should remember Abraham Lincoln's famous saying: “You can fool part of the people some of the time, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all the people all of the time,”

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The name Watchtower was taken to signify what these men who started this organization had something unusual and distinct in Christian theology, a truthful representation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and his new prophesied Kingdom arrangement.

The magazine C.T.Russell started was "Zions Watchtower & Herald of Christs Presence" in 1879 ?

That also had Masonic symbols on the front cover ,including the cross.

He obviously believed in the Zionist movement of the day and also that Jesus Christ had already returned invisibly back then.

None of which is accepted by the GB of Jehovah`s Witnesses today.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

None of which is accepted by the GB of Jehovah`s Witnesses today.

I realize that Smiddy but the foundation of the JWS core doctrines ie.1914, were founded by C Russell .

A variation of Adventism if you will.

Nevertheless they developed their revised theology from the theological teachings of Russell.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

“As of June 2017, 51% of the world's population is on Internet. In 2015, the International Telecommunication Union estimated about 3.2 billion people, or almost half of the world's population, would be online by the end of the year. Of them, about 2 billion would be from developing countries, including 89 million from least developed countries.” (Wikipedia)

My feeling as some have stated, is that the increasing availability of the Internet at an affordable cost is the greatest demon facing the WT religion and its leaders today. The widespread lies and negative handling of child abuse cases are impossible to hide because of it. In addition, the activism in recent years has risen exponentially. There are innumerable convincing YouTube videos and websites that currently are produced at a much higher caliber and degree of professionalism.

The WT leaders are keenly aware that the “genie is out of the bottle” forever.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Blood's thicker than water. I've seen relatives of DF'd one's swing first one way then the other over their DF'd children. Seen letters of withdrawal addressed to DF'd ones, only for a year later for there to be contact. Then another talk or WT resulting in another goodbye letter - only for the impetus to fade yet again as normal blood ties reassert themselves. Relatives of DF'd ones bounce in and out of their convictions. Not fun for anyone.

• poopie
    poopie

shunning huge some shun some do not.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    moreconfooooed - you can get disfellowshiped quite easily for nothing serious at all.

This is very true. Especially if your face doesn't fit.

I noticed they use the term 'wrongdoer™' as if that's the only reason for not being a jobo.

what if you live what a jobo would think is a spotlessly clean life but deny the G.O.D.ship of the governing body?

Yeah. I know. Old news.

I think the real destroyer of the jobo cult is all the paedophile law suits.

• cofty
    cofty

The internet is the cult's greatest enemy.

Were it not for shunning and freedom of thought I could happily be JW - SBF

The core teaching of the Watchtower is that 99.9% of the men, women and children in the world must be destroyed in order to make way for a "Paradise".

This is an EVIL ideology. In thought, if not in action, it aligns the Watchtower with Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and Hitler. All of them considered mass murder acceptable in pursuit of utopia.

Associating yourself with this ideology would be indefensible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit