My grandmother called my mother

by Anony Mous 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

How do they reconcile their behaviour with the sheep 🐑 and goats 🐐 passage? The sheep 🐑 were identified by how they treated the least of Jesus's brethren, especially visiting them when sick. Don't tell me, there's some f***ed up JW doctrine that only the anointed count as Jesus' brethren, so you can treat everyone else however you damned well like!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@NotFormer:

Those referred to as “my brothers” are spirit-anointed men and women, who will rule with Christ from heaven. (Rom. 8:16, 17)

Likewise, he is not saying that each individual judged to be a sheep must literally feed, clothe, nurse, or visit one of his brothers in prison. Rather, he is illustrating the attitude that the figurative sheep display toward his brothers. He describes the sheep as “righteous” because they recognize that Christ has a group of anointed brothers still on earth, and the sheep loyally support the anointed during these critical last days.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/w20150315/loyal-to-christs-brothers/

The article even references your KJV translation of brethren.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I'm sorry to hear that AnyMous. Cults take it all, and when there is nothing else to give they still want more.

My dad is 91. Lives in a apt. by himself with only 3 other neighbors nearby in a small town. No backyard, no pets allowed, just four walls and his zoom meetings. I own 75 acres of wooded land with ponds and much wildlife less that an hour from him. He loves nature. But, he'd rather end his days in misery rather than enjoy his sons and grandsons who can't live with his WT lies.

The gates of hell are all locked from the inside.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I think the UK actually calls the organization “Social Services”, although isn’t it part of NHS now?

Hi yes we do call it that Anony mous it's not exactly part of the NHS but its run in the same way. Each borough or Shire has its own social services department which is mostly funded by the local council via council taxes with some top up from government. So eg my step daughter is a social worker who is employed by our (next door) borough council. Some services are run by private companies and paid for by the elderly themselves such as "home help" cleaning and "meals on wheels"

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    My dad is 91. Lives in a apt. by himself with only 3 other neighbors nearby in a small town. No backyard, no pets allowed, just four walls and his zoom meetings. I own 75 acres of wooded land with ponds and much wildlife less that an hour from him. He loves nature. But, he'd rather end his days in misery rather than enjoy his sons and grandsons who can't live with his WT lies.

sea breeze that kills me to hear things like that. How tragic to miss his grandsons and such heaven on earth like that

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’ve only ever read about stories like this; I’ve never seen it firsthand (not that I’m doubting you guys).

My over-90-year-old JW mom lives with us; has for years now (my inactivity doesn’t seem to be much of a big deal, these days; so is she, because she has bowel issues, sore everything, and is deaf as a fucking post 😵‍💫)…

…we take care of her (honestly, my wife does a better job of it than I do, and Mom sings her praises to the rest of the family), and she - in her own way - takes care of us.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

So only kindness shown to the 144000, not the broad congregation, warrants God's favour?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@Vidiot

I’ve only ever read about stories like this; I’ve never seen it firsthand (not that I’m doubting you guys).

Tell your mother and your relartives that you only trust Jesus and see what happens. Your unbelief is not a threat to them. It actually increases their thoughts of moral superiority.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

On balance, I'll share an experience from just this afternoon. At the laundromat I say hello to a mature woman and make small talk regarding the new owners of the facility. As we talk, she mentions in jest that I had just missed out and that JWs had given her a magazine a few minutes prior my arriving. Seeing the magazine, I politely mention that I had to share something regarding the JWs. She listened as I briefly described the damage the religion had done in my family. What followed was very interesting. She unloads emotionally as she retells her own church story. She was raised a very devout Catholic as is most of her family. Her husband had terminal cancer some years ago and she was faced with the decision to discontinue life support. She did what she felt best and was her husband's wishes and had the staff turn off the machinery.

Her family found out what she did and called her a murderer. A member of her family reported it to the local priest who also condemned her actions as murder. The woman's 12-year-old daughter hears all this and is overwhelmed by guilt, confusion and fear. She asks her mom sobbing, "Did you kill Daddy? "

The mother spent weeks sleeping on the floor next to her bed to reassure her she loved her and that she was not a murderer. Through all this her family and church abandoned her when she and the daughter needed friends more than ever.

Her conclusion? She was done with her church, and she recognized that not all family are going to be friends. Since then, she resolved to be true to herself and be a better friend than people were to her and her daughter.

True story happened just hours ago.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

(All) religion is a snare and a racket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit