My grandmother called my mother

by Anony Mous 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

So sorry to hear of your terrible treatment WingCommander.

JW's are a total CULT. They only care about someone as much as they are able to USE THEM and get all of their money. When you're old or sick, they are NOWHERE to be found. They are 100% USELESS FUCKERS!!!

My extremely aged parents who have been loyal to the wt all their lives are now treated with contempt. No phone calls, no visits, nothing.

They still donate to the org, send gifts to those in the kh who they feel need encouragement.

They get NOTHING in return. They are sadly scarily protective of the org too when I point out how badly they are being treated.

They just can't seem to compute/acknowledge that they are being treated like absolute crap in their time of need.

They would much rather attack me for 'trying to undermine their faith'!!!! 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ Ron.W.

Thx! The only silver lining that came of this treatment, was that it woke up my mother. I told her about this forum and she read on here and also ordered Ray Franz's books before I did and then gave them to me! We were kinda "POMI" for years afterwards though. But the treatment woke us up a lot to stop attending or giving a shit what these people thought. When I went thru her illness and passing and got that treatment from a trusted Elder, it shocked me to my core.....especially with how loving and thoughtful all of the so-called "worldly" people were in our lives. It was like cold water thrown in my face. I was 100% DONE with this dumbass cult and it's circus of unloving clowns!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What amazes me is an organisation that spends billions, of so called, hours recruiting people, with little to no results. Yet dose so little to retain and maintain its existing membership. Often times this membership is a captive one.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@joe: this is not surprising, 10 grandmas who have perhaps a few years left of small $10 donations isn’t as good as a whale that wants to give $50 for the next 20 years.

I do think even as old as she is, my grandmother is waking up. My mother shared she was able to talk extensively about all sorts of things and she doesn’t want to admit, but seems to know she was wrong, cried about the fact she hasn’t talked to anyone in decades. Not sure if all her children will visit before she croaks, my mother was the most recent at 20 years, some of my uncles and aunts were disfellowshipped or never baptized decades earlier and some have passed away already.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Wow! So Granny basically disowned and treated as DEAD her own flesh and blood children, because they wouldn't submit to "WatchTower's" self-appointed authority and Lordship.

Sounds like Granny is reaping what she's sown. I'm shocked if ANY of her still-living children would stop by at all, after treatment like that!

If I got a call after DECADES of abandonment from my parents wanting to reconnect before their deaths, I'd tell them to seek comfort from their "Spiritual Family" now...ya know.....the Elduhzzzzz......because after all, "Jehovah Provides!" I'd then tell them to "keep warm and well fed", and then promptly hang up. I wouldn't want to disappoint them after all, being "Worldly" and a spawn of Satan.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

The older JWs spent a long time convinced that the end was imminent, and if that meant cutting off communication with loved ones, so be it. The end would come soon and it was not worth it to risk losing out. And then the years pass, and nothing happens, and one day they are old and realize that they haven't talked to their children in decades and never met their grandchildren and suddenly they wonder why the end hasn't come.

Sadly, a lot of them will dig in their heels because those decades of shunning are a sunk cost and they can't risk it because now the end must be imminent and wouldn't it be a shame, etc. Others finally reach out, crushed because they realize that they'll never get that time back, and they missed out on so much. It damages people and relationships. Shunning is evil.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TONUS OH:

Yes, shunning is evil and the consequences horrific. These elderly Witnesses who shunned their flesh and blood for decades now find themselves helpless and at the mercy of anybody who is around them! Let’s hope that person is not an opportunist!

I’m sure when they were younger and in the prime of life they felt confident in the religion’s teachings when they decided to shun their children who were DFd or just didn’t want the religion. They may have been cheered on by their friends in the hall. Problem is: where are these friends now? They may have passed away or moved out of the area.

All in all, very sad.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

"Matt. 7:15 15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. "

These words played over and over in my mind before we faded as I saw this money-grubbing selfish behavior over and over in local Kingdom Halls, my immediate and extended JW family. Watchtower and the governing body encourage selfish self-centered behavior among followers. Watchtower itself has many programs to strip-mine all assets from aged seniors, leaving them destitute and on public assistance. If the JW family fights them, they face disfellowshiping for "suing a brother". Despicable behavior from the top down.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BALAAMSASS2:

It’s a good thing I’m ‘Faded’ from the religion many years.

I would never tolerate the predatory behavior you describe in addition to elders privately approaching people with an envelope asking for money for people there who never worked!.. I’d have to be out of my mind to set foot in a congregation!

• under the radar
    under the radar

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's problems. Unfortunately, this is not unusual. Older people with dementia often revert to their older memories and lose many of their recent years. It's sad that the congregation isn't more help, but this too is not unusual. They take, take, and take, but individuals who have faithfully served and contributed for many years are quite often left by the wayside when they fall into hard times and need help themselves.

I hope the Social Services folks do a thorough job of investigating the suspicious transactions. If it turns out the JW in charge of her estate was helping herself to some of the money, please try to get her prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. At the very least, make sure her deeds and the fact that she's a JW gets publicized far and wide. The more dirt thrown on the Borg and J-Dawg's name, the better!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit